How much gear lube to add?
07-06-2016, (Subject: How much gear lube to add? ) 
RE: How much gear lube to add?
I questioned the validity of rawzes gear oil claim. I am a synthetic man and run mobil delvac 1 le 5w30 whixh is a full group IV/V synthetic and not one of those "severely hydrocracked" group III b.s. synthetics that most people buy.

The reason I questioned his claims was because I think under the same principle as the bypass oil filter people.... Contaminants are what causes engine wear which is why rawze always recommends a bypass filter. I believed (and still do) That rawzes great success with his engine is due to amazing tuning which has the engine cleaner than ever thought possible, a amsoil bypass filter to take out whatever contaminants do arrive and a very rigorous oil change regiment.... I think personally that this is more to take the credit then the gear lube, He could probably run recycled vegetable oil from burger King and still have a nice looking motor.

But here's where it all changes. I pay $1350 cdn for a barrel of my oil and that's with a great discount, whereas I could fill my barrel with normal delvac 15w40 for $600 cdn.

I don't extend my oil changes just cause I run synthetic soi am spending way way more money on lube yet rawzes engine looked a million times better then mine does. He didn't even need to replace most of the parts he did in his rebuild whereas my motor at a million miles is about ready to explode. Why ever it works, it works and it works cheap.

It's a little late now as this motors nearing a teardown but I have switched to the gallon of gear lube... and I can't believe it cause I am very synthetic!

Results don't lie my friend.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
How much gear lube to add? - Pirate_Freder - 07-06-2016,
RE: How much gear lube to add? - Pirate_Freder - 07-06-2016,
RE: How much gear lube to add? - Brock - 07-06-2016
RE: How much gear lube to add? - Pirate_Freder - 07-10-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.