Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-08-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
(07-07-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Have you checked your fuel/metering actuators? I think I read something here a few days ago where one of the actuators was taking out an injector. Check the video section here too, there were videos on checking the injectors and those actuators.

It can happen. Saw a picture the other day of an actuator that had the metal tab crack in half. It was sending material into the injector that the screen could not handle. It was taking out the injector.

DO you think that a mechanic replacing injectors that many times in a row on it would have see the metal shavings?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Afyer bugging them again and again the owner himself got involved and said infact they have talked to cummins regarding this According to cummins factory admittedly produced faulty injectors I hope that the latest one they put dont fail. This according to factory is from a new batch. No metal shavings cam looked good no dropped liner.
replyreply
Almost forgot to tell you guys when injectors failed for the first time (all threecin rear bank) their tips were cracked Maybe due to overhead done wrong. After that 4 times number six has failed every 4k to 10k miles on them
replyreply
I would suspect a problem in fueling system mybe to much fuel pressure or something. I also wonder if compression is getting past the tip and destroying the injector. I would love to see the tip. Also i wonder if the top of the piston is full of carbon and raising the compression ratio up enough to mess it up ( this is very unlikely i know i laughed while i typed but thought crossed my mind so i said it there LOL).
replyreply
07-09-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
(07-08-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  ...
e piston is full of carbon and raising the compression ratio up enough to mess it up

Actually, I have seen some with so much carbon packed on top of pistons before, that it was in fact evident that the compression very well could have gone up. it is not that far fetched.

Also, did he ever put old injectors into the number6? or just keep replacing injectors over and over in the same cylinder without moving the new injectors to a different location?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-09-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
(07-09-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  ...
e piston is full of carbon and raising the compression ratio up enough to mess it up

Actually, I have seen some with so much carbon packed on top of pistons before, that it was in fact evident that the compression very well could have gone up. it is not that far fetched.

Also, did he ever put old injectors into the number6? or just keep replacing injectors over and over in the same cylinder without moving the new injectors to a different location?

no he just replaced it with a another injector checked the fuel lines for air in them obviously no air in fuel lines
replyreply
07-10-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
does anyone have a PDF file for cm871 shop manual?
thanks

{edited by Rawze } -- Please keep software/replies for such requests to PM only. Thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.