Cm2250 injector advice
03-04-2020, (Subject: Cm2250 injector advice ) 
RE: Cm2250 injector advice
{post deleted by Rawze}
replyreply
{post deleted by Rawze}
replyreply
he keeps up this garbage, I am just going to have to kick him off here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
You got one thing right he is the master but your context is condescending unwarranted and unwanted. Rawze offers $1,000,000s in free help from this site and his own driveway every year many of us have spent weeks to months in his driveway for free getting our trucks fixed for cost of parts and some food and beer out of the kindness of his heart. If you don't like the way he tells it to you straight then your more then welcome to go join one of those Facebook groups and get snake oil shoved down your throat and lose money till we see you in the paper in bankruptcy court.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I don't know what's transpired here and I don't want to get involved.

But as to your original question the consensus on this forum is that you should always go with OEM injectors. The requirements and tolerances are such that aftermarket ones just can't perform the same. As for the trim code, that is basically a set of information that the ECM uses to properly control that individual injector. It identifies how that injector performs so the ECM knows how to operate it get the desired results. Don't even think about replacing an injector without updating the trim code in the ECM. Which is why you need Insite, among the many other things it can do. Further, before you determine that an injector needs to be replaced there are tests and troubleshooting that should be done. Insite is needed as well as the troubleshooting steps provided with Insite or on Quickserve.

For more detailed information, including some recent discussion, use the search box(es) on here and read up.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Billy7871 , JMBT
Best to go oem on the injectors and u definitely need insite and and an adapter (i prefer nexiq but plenty on here have had good luck with the chinaman knock off inlines. Sure be nice if we could find a legit injector rebuilder.
replyreply
he will have to go play social media covid19-false-hype narcissist games somewhere else. I left the helpful info on the thread and removed all the garbage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farbeyonddriven
(03-02-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Yes, and just about everyone on this forum
{injectors} Well what was your experience?? Did you use Cummins? Aftermarket? Used? How did it turn out for you?

To answer this question for others that may be reading and trying to perhaps make a wise decisions towards their engine ...

here is my basic opinions on aftermarket and/or reman injectors for common rail engines...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...67#pid4367

I personally would not purchase any sort of crap-shoot injector that requires injector trim codes, etc. that has been taken apart, is form stock that could be on a recall list somewhere,.. listed at a suspiciously cheap price, etc. etc. and risk the engine loosing a piston or washing out a cylinder later on, etc. ... but that is just me.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , farbeyonddriven

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.