ISX running on one bank
07-07-2016, (Subject: ISX running on one bank ) 
RE: ISX running on one bank
All new actuators and all new injectors?...

Has anyone considered the concept of swapping the actuators and injectors to the rear bank to see if the problem moves with the components BEFORE WASTING ALL THAT MONEY? -- Sounds like you were trying to do the right thing but are working for a moron!. --- WOW,.. I wish I were rich like that? -- you guys must be hauling some gold bullion for the government or something to be able to afford blindly swapping parts...

I would take the time to ...

* Perform an injector leak test on BOTH banks! and verify that combustion gases were not getting into the fuel circuit.

* if they were not leaking,... I would SWAP ALL THE PARTS AND INJECTORS from the front bank to the rear bank. After that, if it is the front bank that is STILL FAILING, it is a 60/40 call ...

(60%) I would go for the wiring/ECM next as it is the more likely culprit after that.

ECM's do go bad you know, and their expected lifespan based on the component specs and and heat is by all definition is 8 years. -- SO,... if that ECM is more than 8 years old,.. Replace (or swap w another truck temporarily) it and you have not wasted money even if that is not what it was.

(40%) The diaphragm(s) in the back side of the IFSM, or perhaps a blockage (or failure/crack ) in the head going to the front bank.

just my own thoughts on it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mikealike

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX running on one bank - Rawze - 07-07-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.