Conmet preset hubs
08-04-2023, (Subject: Conmet preset hubs ) 
RE: Conmet preset hubs
Wanted to ask, is there any bearing race driver kits you guys would recommend? I know it's been a couple years since this thread was originally published so didn't know if there was something new to explore. I have the el-cheapo HF kit for the smaller stuff, but don't have anything to drive a 4in ID race.

Did the ole' oven trick for these bearings, which works great, just time consuming with the heating and cool down stages.
replyreply
I would not press bearing races into an aluminum hub. Aluminum is just too soft not to gall up and throw everything out of wack.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
(08-04-2023 )SquareOne Wrote:  Wanted to ask, is there any bearing race driver kits you guys would recommend? I know it's been a couple years since this thread was originally published so didn't know if there was something new to explore. I have the el-cheapo HF kit for the smaller stuff, but don't have anything to drive a 4in ID race.

Did the ole' oven trick for these bearings, which works great, just time consuming with the heating and cool down stages.

https://www.conmet.com/wp-content/upload...g_Cups.pdf
replyreply
(08-04-2023 )Nilao Wrote:  I would not press bearing races into an aluminum hub. Aluminum is just too soft not to gall up and throw everything out of wack.

My hubs are steel
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.