Thread Closed 
Suspension dump
08-29-2021, (Subject: Suspension dump ) 
RE: Suspension dump
Unhooking the leveling valve rod usually works the best in this situation. I find this situation quite ironic because it was probably caused by someone without a dump valve dropping their trailer high enough to relieve the pressure from the truck. Then comes the next guy to hook up to it and it's now entirely too high and you get the above and if billy-big-rigger is backing up at mach-1 also ends up with crushed cab extenders and cab before they realized they jumped the kingpin... Ideally you want to put the legs down just enough so they touch the ground and an extra turn or two, activate the dump valve wait a moment for the landing gear to take the weight then pull away from it, preventing the next guy or yourself from high-hitching, or lowering a now loaded trailer with a slighly binded landing gear...
I'm a proud owner of a 2015 prostar international, with a SUSPENSION DUMP. This will be the second best selling point if I ever decide to sell.

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
I know this topic may be pretty basic and not a lot of thought needed, but honestly what's the point of greasing the fifth wheel if you are going to back up and scrape off all the grease onto the first trailer you hook up to? I would just like some feedback on how others hook up and disengage from their trailers.

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
08-30-2021, (Subject: Suspension dump ) 
I use a bit of gear lube instead of grease most of the time on my fifth wheel each time I disconnect from a trailer.. it is far less messy (and a must as far as I am concerned in winter vs. only grease)... BUT I ALWAYS PUT A BIT OF SOME TYPE OF LUBE ON ONE EACH TIME I HOOK AND DISCONNECT TO/FROM A TRAILER... ITS CALLED TRUCKING!!! .. AND ITS CALLED DOING A PROPER JOB SO THAT YOU DON'T END UP IN AN ACCIDENT WHEN YOU HIT A SLICK SPOT IN THE ROAD OR END UP ON A PATCH OF ICE, ETC!.

PROPERLY GREASING AND KEEPING YOUR 5TH WHEEL LUBED IS often THAT VERY THING (along with always ensuring your weights are evenly distributed) THAT SAVES YOUR SAA#RSSE IN INCLEMENT WEATHER WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!. I know it has saved my own bacon a few times already.

ITS CALLED DRIVING A DAMN TRUCK... IT IS A PART OF YOUR CAREER!!!! .. so get used to it!

(back to the subject of dump valves)...
I have a prostar without one.. never really needed one.. and have never really had an issue. I switch, connect, and disconnect from random trailers, many hundreds (if not thousands) of times a year. Only time I ever had to worry about jumping over a king pin is back when I was still a rookie. I can look in the mirror and tell you if that trailer is going to be too high or low.. it comes with experience and simply paying attention.

I ALWAYS lower and set the landing gear on a trailer so that it takes bulk of the weight off the fifth wheel when I drop a trailer .. THIS WAY THE NEXT GUY DOES NOT HAVE TO USE A DUMP VALVE AT ALL just to get under it, and it will already be at the correct height. If their truck is not at the proper height for connecting and dis-connecting to most trailers, .. I cannot help that.

some trucks have dump-valves, some do not. I am sure that some trucks may even need them for specific operations ... but to become a salesman on my forum about it without any helpful insite at all, only serves to create noise on here. .There is nothing productive or helpful about your last several comments on here. This forum is not place for a dumbster-fire conversations about bulls$ittery arguments over such a mundane subject.. ... you got nothing more to add that is helpful towards others.. THEN TAKE IT OVER TO SOCIAL MADAI WHERE THE BUSSL$ITTING AND LAZY-MAN COMPLAINTS BELONG!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
Thread Closed 

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.