Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate
04-21-2023, (Subject: Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate ) 
Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate
Hi everyone! long time reader first time posting. I've learned a lot from the write ups and posts on this forum, thank you all so much for helping me be a better informed mechanic!

Fellas I've ran into a bit of an issue and I'm hoping I could hire someone to help me out.

I just got a call from an old cattlehauler, he took his truck to a shop that does performance work and for some reason they removed the vgt and installed a different manifold, a {garbage-can} turbo, and a "850 hp" {garbage-can} file
replyreply
04-21-2023, (Subject: Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate ) 
RE: Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate
So in other words BOOOOMMMM!!!!!
replyreply
RE: Cm871, looking for some guidance with a customer who got tricked into a vgt demandate
To start with their file may say 850 hp….. it will never happen without some serious work. A whole lot more work than a turbo. Most people…. 99% of them don’t even know how to build a 850hp tune even if it did have the necessary parts. They might know how to make the ecm request it but producing it is another story. And lastly they just f#cked up a perfectly good engine with that bullshit manifold and turbo.

I sent my contact info. I really really want to see this file.
replyreply
(04-21-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  So in other words BOOOOMMMM!!!!!

It's not long for the world in its current state
replyreply
I blame most of those bad decisions on the truck owner. They should know that horrible, red-neck, hacking up a $40,000 commercial engine, for the big power glory, fat belt-buckle awards, is completely counter towards making any moneys with that truck at all!.. Your welcome to tell them that I think they made some absolutely stupid decisions and if they disagree at this point, then they are an idiot!.

People like this are not welcome on my forum!. I do not, and will not help to promote such absolute stupidity and engine abuse around here.

Must be nice to be so rich that you don't give a damn about your trucking business at all!... What a garbage thing to do to a truck that someone has to make their income with!.

And most people who do this kind of garbage to their equipment will also be quick to argue with ya and get all mad just for pointing out the reality of such stupidity... hence why I usually end up kicking them off here real fast.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
PUT THE VG AND SUPPORTING HARDWARE + OEM MANIFOLDS BACK ON IT! ...

Put the correct program with the correct power level for the engine back into it LIKE MENTIONED IN THIS POST...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

PRAY LIKE ALL HO$LY HE##ELL that progressive damage has not set in too badly yet.. though I think if it has been driven for any length of time, it is likely doomed anyways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
(04-21-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  PUT THE VG AND SUPPORTING HARDWARE + OEM MANIFOLDS BACK ON IT! ...

Put the correct program with the correct power level for the engine back into it LIKE MENTIONED IN THIS POST...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

PRAY LIKE ALL HO$LY HE##ELL that progressive damage has not set in too badly yet.. though I think if it has been driven for any length of time, it is likely doomed anyways.
I talked to him and then we talked to the customer. Vgt is going back on and fixing the programming afterwards.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.