Engine fan wont turn off
03-11-2020, (Subject: Engine fan wont turn off ) 
RE: Engine fan wont turn off
I'm not really arguing, but I didn't see where the tuning issue came from with an engine fan not turning off. Honestly, you can still blow a head gasket with perfect tuning. I'm not concerned about it at the moment, as the guy that tuned this one, tunes the trucks for his own fleet and they all seem to be running good too. I have no issues with it whatsoever.
replyreply
(03-11-2020 )davidjurss Wrote:  I'm not really arguing, but I didn't see where the tuning issue came from with an engine fan not turning off. Honestly, you can still blow a head gasket with perfect tuning. I'm not concerned about it at the moment, as the guy that tuned this one, tunes the trucks for his own fleet and they all seem to be running good too. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

Somehow I knew he was going to say something like this. You can lead a horse to water........

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-11-2020 )davidjurss Wrote:  I'm not really arguing, but I didn't see where the tuning issue came from with an engine fan not turning off. Honestly, you can still blow a head gasket with perfect tuning. I'm not concerned about it at the moment, as the guy that tuned this one, tunes the trucks for his own fleet and they all seem to be running good too. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

(there are likely about 200 - 300 people going to read this thread today alone .. and just about every single one of them are going to shake their heads at this person thinking to themselves "what a completely blinded lunatic this guy must be") ...

you seem to be in a severe sort of denial. My statements about bad programming have nothing to do with your current engine fan problem ... I said so my previous post.

Let me clear this up a bit more for the stubborn-headed...

.. I know these engines both inside and out, far more than most ... and if I were standing in your place at this exact moment --- I WOULD BE VERY VERY WORRIED!!!! --- The odds are stacked straight against you so severely that it is not even remotely funny! --- more than 90% of everyone of the many thousands of engine programs that I have helped people look at for engine damage prevention over the last several years where in fact HIGHLY DESTRUCTIVE! -- and almost EVERY SINGLE TRUCK OWNER said exactly the same buss$hit you just posted here --- "seems to run great" --- "All my friends have same guy's programming" -- "they do whole fleets of truck programming" -- and all the other horse-s#it statements because they are completely blind to what the h$ell is actually going on inside that ecm.

THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE TRYING TO SAY THESE VERY REAL FACTS TO YOU AND YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!@!!![/

THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THEM -- THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR ME .--- NO ONE IS TRYING TO SELL YOU ANYTHING!!!!-- THEY SIMPLY KNOW BETTER AND YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE DAMN FOOL FOR NOT LISTENING!!!! -- SIMPLE AT THAT!

It has nothing to do with your recent problems ... IT HAS TO DO WITH OBVIOUS STATISTICS AND THE ODDS ARE STACKED COMPLETELY AGAINST YOU!!!

Damage from bad programming almost always CANNOT BE FELT OR HEARD UNTIL A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES LATER .. AND BY THEN IT IS WAAY TOO LATE to have done anything about it. --- SO GO AHEAD and stay in self-denial.... you will learn the hard way down the road.

-- AND MAYBE, even if you WERE THAT EXTREMELY LUCKY (90:1 odds against you tho) and are that one person that may have won that lucky lottery and Accidentally happened upon some kind of decent ecm programming person/place outside of the very few people that ARE KNOWN/WELL ESTABLISHED TO DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAYS -- YOU WILL NOT AND CAN NOT KNOW WHAT THE HE#LL YOU GOT UNLESS YOU GET IT LOOKED AT AND VERIFIED!!!!

THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE IS SCREAMING AT YOU TO HAVE DONE FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND AND YOUR ENIGNE'S SAFETY/LONGEVITY!!!

EXPENSIVE COMMERCIAL ENIGNES AND A PERSONS WHOLE BUSINESS/INCOME IS NOT WORTH THAT KIND OF "FEELING LUCKY" KIND OF GAMBLE AGAINST SEVERE ODDS, ... NOT ONE DAMN BIT!

You explained your situation, and asked for advice and help ... People are genuinely trying giving it to you... They do not have E.S.P. or some other magic means to know your exact situation... but sure as hell most of them know the odds! -- THEY HAVE BEEN THERE, LOST THIS GAME, AND LEARNED THE HARD WAY TOO!.

This forum is about helping truck owners, not perpetuating their own self-denial or bad habits of stubbornness. People are trying like hell to point this out to you but so far you seem to be blinded by some sort of magic pixie dust of self denial.

DO WHAT THE PEOPLE ON HERE ARE SAYING -- GET YOURSELF THE RIGHT TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ACTUALLY SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS -- START DOWN THAT ROAD OF DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAYS ... OTHERWISE YOU DO NOT BELONG ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE NO ONE CAN HELP PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LISTEN!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Chamberpains , Baco74 , JimT
There is a lot that can be in the tune itself that can cause your problems. Most likely not the problem. But still a possibility. Plus we now know that you did have a demandate done and we all know that the chances are very slim it was done right. Now we can guide you to have it looked at by proper eyes and make it safe plus exclude it as a potential cause of your current problem.

Its like going to the doctor for a cough and while your there he sees a cancerous wart. He just simply takes it off, gives you cough medicine and you go home with your entire future changed. Having your program looked at is very much like that.
replyreply
I’m not arguing... but I’m arguing. Maybe the guy that tuned it can figure out the fan issue. It’s probably something simple. We’ve told you what we could about fan issues over the internet. Then gave you our opinion on some other potential business threatening problems we’ve seen. But if you think it’s good then hell you should go with it. I personally I’m done arguing.
replyreply
For one, I didnt come here for tuning advise. I trust my tuner since he's been doing this a while.

Two, not really a fan of being brow beaten. In the end, it's my equipment. Playing chicken little with me isn't going to make me see your side. Trusting a tuner doesn't give me a "severe sort of denial", it means I've seen the guys work and I like what he does.

I don't question your knowledge or your expertise. In fact I came here because I needed help with the issue. But this sudden dogpiling over my tune is a little much. Without asking or knowing who I went through, you automatically assume that my tuning is wrong, and now you want me to go through people I've never met to check that my tuning is right.

We agree on one thing though, I do need the software to properly diagnose the current issue of the engine fan. That's something I've been working on for a while to no avail. Don't have a laptop with me at the time, but when I get home I'll do more research into finding a copy of it.
replyreply
So, when you say you've "seen" the guys work, does that mean you've seen the thousands of numbers that were calculated specifically for your exact engine? Does that mean he made a back-up of your original programming or gave you a back-up copy of the program he loaded in to the ECM?

What will it hurt to send a copy of that program to Mr. Rawze and let him double check the numbers? He does this for anyone and doesn't ask for a penny. He's not some a-hole trucker who started a forum for his own fun. I recently spent a few days at his house fixing a problem on my tractor, finding new problems I wasn't aware of, and eating some great food that he prepared. I learned first hand how and why he does what he does. He's a highly experienced professional who, through a twist of fate, found himself able to apply his unique knowledge and experience to these engines.

To be clear, we are NOT trying to talk trash about your tuner. He might genuinely be trying to do a great job. It's just a sad fact that nearly all the information and software throughout the industry that is available to tuners is from a few very bad and ignorant sources. Top that off with a ton of guys who just copy and paste tunes from one truck to another without any regard to the actual physical parts inside the engines that need to be taken in to account. The end result is a flood of bad things dumped on the customer that they are completely unaware of.

No one here gets paid to be on this forum. There are no paid endorsements or featured products. Just raw information and discussion. No feel good BS, just raw truth. We all came here initially to find help for ourselves and most go on to give back when they can.

As for the software, Insite, search around for information. You'll need an adaptor, such as the Inline 6 adaptor that you can usually find on E-bay for around $300. Any windows laptop, Windows 7 is the easiest to get the software running. And of course a copy of Insite. Version 7.6.x is popular on the internet.

No matter how heated some discussions become, as long as people are willing to listen to the advice that they asked for, then people on here will continue to help.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
I dont disagree that there are bad tuners out there. They're all over the performance car scene too.

All I'm saying, is that brow beating me over the tune that I have borders on the absurd. No one here has looked at my engine, or plugged into it, and iover the internet everyone can determine that it's a bad tune, with the only symptom being the engine fan not turning off which just recently happened. This whole thread has now been derailed because of unsolicited advise that is now being crammed down my throat.

I've had absolutely no performance issues since the day I bought this truck. I've had a few mechanical issues, but those were mainly seals leaking that needed to be replaced.

I trust the tuner, and I'm not someone who trusts easily. There have been no reasons for me not to, and I'm certainly not going to change that because someone else who doesn't even kmow where it was done, told me to.

If we could get back on topic that would be great.
replyreply
He originally stated that there is no check engine light and that the fan free spins at start up then locks up. Pending a problem with the A/C system, there aren't to many other ways this can happen without a CEL. The reason I asked about the EGR operation is because yes, tuners are notorious for suppressing codes and check engine lights. Some of these codes that are known to be suppressed can take time to come on. Yes, even 7.5 months. Then something happens that the ECM sees and it goes to let you know through the (CEL) check engine light. But low and behold the tuner turned off the ECM's ability to turn the CEL on and alert the operator. Some of the codes that deal with EGR and the turbo do infact kick the fan on. For all this guy knows, the ECM is logging the code and saying it sees a problem but simply can't turn the CEL on to tell him what it sees. This is 1 of the many reasons Insite is so vital to troubleshooting these engines.

JimT the OP has a CM870. They are EGR valve only. They do not have any other dpf, doc, scr after treatment devices.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.