Engine fan wont turn off
03-11-2020, (Subject: Engine fan wont turn off ) 
RE: Engine fan wont turn off
So, when you say you've "seen" the guys work, does that mean you've seen the thousands of numbers that were calculated specifically for your exact engine? Does that mean he made a back-up of your original programming or gave you a back-up copy of the program he loaded in to the ECM?

What will it hurt to send a copy of that program to Mr. Rawze and let him double check the numbers? He does this for anyone and doesn't ask for a penny. He's not some a-hole trucker who started a forum for his own fun. I recently spent a few days at his house fixing a problem on my tractor, finding new problems I wasn't aware of, and eating some great food that he prepared. I learned first hand how and why he does what he does. He's a highly experienced professional who, through a twist of fate, found himself able to apply his unique knowledge and experience to these engines.

To be clear, we are NOT trying to talk trash about your tuner. He might genuinely be trying to do a great job. It's just a sad fact that nearly all the information and software throughout the industry that is available to tuners is from a few very bad and ignorant sources. Top that off with a ton of guys who just copy and paste tunes from one truck to another without any regard to the actual physical parts inside the engines that need to be taken in to account. The end result is a flood of bad things dumped on the customer that they are completely unaware of.

No one here gets paid to be on this forum. There are no paid endorsements or featured products. Just raw information and discussion. No feel good BS, just raw truth. We all came here initially to find help for ourselves and most go on to give back when they can.

As for the software, Insite, search around for information. You'll need an adaptor, such as the Inline 6 adaptor that you can usually find on E-bay for around $300. Any windows laptop, Windows 7 is the easiest to get the software running. And of course a copy of Insite. Version 7.6.x is popular on the internet.

No matter how heated some discussions become, as long as people are willing to listen to the advice that they asked for, then people on here will continue to help.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Engine fan wont turn off - JimT - 03-11-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.