Shim for increased Oil Pressure
07-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
(07-10-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I noticed in the photo the ends of the cotter key were not bent (the bolt was still loose too). I hope you didn't forget to bend the key so it stays in when re-installing everything. That would be very bad.

It states in the caption that I deliberately left the bolt loose for the photo to demonstrate which one needs to be removed and the cotter pin unbent to show that a 2" is sufficient to anchor in place.
I wish you had been here when I was doing this job.
I torqued up the bolt, I stalked and torqued up the pan, poured the oil in the engine, made some notes, and screamed f$%k!!! at the top of my lungs. I am human, I make mistakes every day...I just do my best to keeps those mistakes little. This one was little...I forgot to bend the cotter pin! So, yes I drained brand new oil back out of my engine, dropped the pan AGAIN, bent the cotter pin, reinstalled the pan and retorqued it AGAIN. NOT my proudest moment, but at least I kept the mistake small and caught it before the infamous $35,000 mistake.
No beer was involved in this particular operation...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Hammerhead - 07-10-2016
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Unilevers - 07-31-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.