Shim for increased Oil Pressure
07-10-2016, (Subject: Shim for increased Oil Pressure ) 
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure
(07-10-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  It states in the caption that I deliberately left the bolt loose for the photo to demonstrate which one needs to be removed and the cotter pin unbent to show that a 2" is sufficient to anchor in place.
I wish you had been here when I was doing this job.
I torqued up the bolt, I stalked and torqued up the pan, poured the oil in the engine, made some notes, and screamed f$%k!!! at the top of my lungs. I am human, I make mistakes every day...I just do my best to keeps those mistakes little. This one was little...I forgot to bend the cotter pin! So, yes I drained brand new oil back out of my engine, dropped the pan AGAIN, bent the cotter pin, reinstalled the pan and retorqued it AGAIN. NOT my proudest moment, but at least I kept the mistake small and caught it before the infamous $35,000 mistake.
No beer was involved in this particular operation...

Thats ok,... I used to have a very nice self-propelled lawn mower. I went to use it after it sat all winter, and the carb. was gummed up because I didn't bother to flush it with white gas before using it for the last time the year before.

I took carb bowl off and cleaned it with some brake cleaner (worked very well), and sprayed some into the fuel line feeding it,.. and some into the intake of the carb, so it would start up easy, re-attached the line to the gas tank, filled it up full, and pulled the handle.

The line for the gas tank popped off at that moment because I had forgotten to put on the clip for it...

The lawn mower cranked right up, the line popped off, and the whole thing went up in flames. By the time I got the garden hose over to it, it was all over.... No more lawn mower.

(more about the lawn mower lol : http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid4712)

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Rawze - 07-10-2016
RE: Shim for increased Oil Pressure - Unilevers - 07-31-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.