Injector spill
03-31-2020, (Subject: Injector spill ) 
Injector spill
While driving suddenly the engine light came on. SPN 651, FMI 7.
It says "Injector spill valve 1".

I had seen videos of Rawze testing and replacing leaky injectors on ISX CM871 with were extremely helpful.

Is there any similar videos about ISX CM2350 engines ?
I didn't notice any fuel in the oil.
replyreply
RE: Injector spill
start by ensuring it can pass an injector leak test...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alborz
spill valves are internal to the injector. the injector must just be replaced if you get that code.
replyreply
Since I don't have inside, is it possible to change the injector 1 and exchange it with injector 3 for example to make sure the injector is bad. Then the fault code should sow up at injector 3. I don't know if I could convoy my point.
replyreply
Alborz, the injectors are even easier to service on the 2250’s and 2350’s vs. the 871 because no cam to futz with. I pulled all mine awhile back and changed the tips. I don’t know about swapping them though. I would think you would need Insite to change the trim codes??? But IdK. I have never done that.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(03-31-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  Alborz, the injectors are even easier to service on the 2250’s and 2350’s vs. the 871 because no cam to futz with. I pulled all mine awhile back and changed the tips. I don’t know about swapping them though. I would think you would need Insite to change the trim codes??? But IdK. I have never done that.
Thank you for your input.
Do you mean the leaking injector is repairable and isn't necessary to spend $1200 for an exchange from stealership?
replyreply
insite and an inline adapter are your best friend. --- not haing them, you will only continue to guess on it.

YES... you have to change injector trim codes + the crush-tubes for each injector that you move to a different hole to get a proper seal on them again. (hence ensuring it passes a leak test before and after doing any work), otherwise you are chasing your tail and possibly introducing additional problems that you may or may not have yet.

No insite and proper testing procedures == ...
A) Not being able to adjust the trim codes of swapped injectors, and B) Wihtout proper leak-rate testing, all the possibilities that would cause someone to chase their own tail due to creating a leaky rail system because no tests were done to ensure swapping around injectors and feed tubes (each feed/crush tube is mated to a single injector and cannot be swapped around either), not knowing if you have introduced new issues / leak afterwards, and now your chasing a bunch of ghosts and guessing.

get the right tools for the job. - Do a proper injector leak test, find out what condition the fuel system is in,.. and like uni says,,. it is most likely a bad injector, but you cannot swap them around and do all sorts of blind-guessing kinds of stuff like that without the proper tools or test procedures to see if that is your only problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.