CM 871 Burnt Valve
04-05-2020, (Subject: CM 871 Burnt Valve ) 
RE: CM 871 Burnt Valve
Is it possible that if the EGR cooler blew will working that the coolant load would be injected more to the 3 rearward cylinders. I'm trying to figure why the cyl 123 have cross hatching and look not bad and 456 are polished with what looks like maybe staining. Liners are riding .006-.010. Pulled down gonna do an inframe. Also is it a good idea to rebuild the pulsation dampeners while the ifsm is hanging back.
replyreply
04-06-2020, (Subject: CM 871 Burnt Valve ) 
(04-05-2020 )2dlb Wrote:  Is it possible that if the EGR cooler blew will working that the coolant load would be injected more to the 3 rearward cylinders. I'm trying to figure why the cyl 123 have cross hatching and look not bad and 456 are polished with what looks like maybe staining. Liners are riding .006-.010. Pulled down gonna do an inframe. Also is it a good idea to rebuild the pulsation dampeners while the ifsm is hanging back.

Hi Gents
Could anyone tell me the difference between Cummins Piston 4376243 and Cummins Piston 4376244. The overhaul kit 4376175 for the 2732 cpl is not available for 3-4 weeks however kit 4376174 for the 2733 is available locally. I think i got it right that the piston is the only difference in the kit. would this work ok.
replyreply
(04-06-2020 )2dlb Wrote:  
(04-05-2020 )2dlb Wrote:  Is it possible that if the EGR cooler blew will working that the coolant load would be injected more to the 3 rearward cylinders. I'm trying to figure why the cyl 123 have cross hatching and look not bad and 456 are polished with what looks like maybe staining. Liners are riding .006-.010. Pulled down gonna do an inframe. Also is it a good idea to rebuild the pulsation dampeners while the ifsm is hanging back.

Hi Gents
Could anyone tell me the difference between Cummins Piston 4376243 and Cummins Piston 4376244. The overhaul kit 4376175 for the 2732 cpl is not available for 3-4 weeks however kit 4376174 for the 2733 is available locally. I think i got it right that the piston is the only difference in the kit. would this work ok.

The 4376174 piston has a slightly lower compression ratio as the mid-tier pistons.

Problem is that if you do not put exactly what the ser# calls for, then you will be void of all possible chance of warranty.

Realistically though,... you would likely see a slightly less fuel efficiency if you use the lower compr. pistons. How much loss is speculation, but it still needs to be considered. A million miles of use on a lower compression pistons may cost you many thousands in over the course of that next million miles. - A couple weeks wait is likely nothing compared to this if your looking for the best efficiency possible, so that it will not bite you in the future when fuel prices go back up. Using only the lower compression piston should not cause any longevity issues though.

just my thoughts, and things to weigh in on the situation. Fuel is always the biggest expense a truck owner has. Doing everything to avoid raising this expense is always the best route in the end if unsure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb , Kolczyk
Perhaps if u cant wait, use an aftermarket piston? I forget the brand pistons Uni uses on some of his builds but i personally would go that route b4 lowering the 871s compression any further.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
04-07-2020, (Subject: CM 871 Burnt Valve ) 
(04-06-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Perhaps if u cant wait, use an aftermarket piston? I forget the brand pistons Uni uses on some of his builds but i personally would go that route b4 lowering the 871s compression any further.
Ok Thanks. I have been trying to get him,
replyreply
Rawze knows the name. I never can remember.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
STAY OEM!!!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , 2dlb
04-08-2020, (Subject: CM 871 Burnt Valve ) 
Get the overhaul kit number from Cummins and call around your local Kenworth, International, Freightliner, etc dealers to check their stocks. Also try whichever truck parts shops are in your area. Someone will have what you need or know where you can get it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , 2dlb , Brock
04-08-2020, (Subject: CM 871 Burnt Valve ) 
(04-08-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Get the overhaul kit number from Cummins and call around your local Kenworth, International, Freightliner, etc dealers to check their stocks. Also try whichever truck parts shops are in your area. Someone will have what you need or know where you can get it.

Thanks Everyone got a kit coming out US should be here thurs or monday. Rebuilt the pulsation dampeners today. Just thought i would through this out there. I usually go to the window when im working with something like this. Glass being as flat as it is makes an awesome surface to face anything. Im using 320 and in less than 5 min nice flat faces again FYIW

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.