Code 2215 low fuel pressure
04-03-2020, (Subject: Code 2215 low fuel pressure ) 
RE: Code 2215 low fuel pressure

Ran it from a pail of diesel and still no pressure, the transfer pump sucked out the pail real well on hey on but it wasnt showing any pressure even when priming.

According to quickserve I need to remove and clean the transfer pump or replace it.... guess I'll do that next!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I took the transfer pump off and checked it out, I have a hard time believing that's my problem, it sucked the fuel out of my jug instantly when I turned the key on, also once I removed the pump, I turned the key and it shot out the fuel that was in it pretty good.

It costs $550 Canadian for a new transfer pump and $850 Canadian for a new fuel pump so I dont wanna get the wrong part for no reason....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I took a air gun and blew out the transfer pump real good then reinstalled it and I swear when I turned the key on, I saw that pressure guage slowly go up over 10 psi but then when I grabbed the guage to get a picture, it was at 0 or just above, maybe 5. Ffs!!

I'm gonna check and see how the regulators work and if theres a bypass valve in the ifsn or something that could be making it have fuel and be running but yet have no fuel pressure?

I'm also going to swap that compucheck fitting to be safe, I used the same one when priming the system to drain fuel into a bucket so I'm certain it's not plugged but may as well rule it out.

Anyone have any ideas? No fuel pressure says bad fuel pump but as someone stated earlier, my engine should be running if its showing no fuel pressure.....

replyreply
umm 0 psi out of the pump and 200-300 bounce after the ecm loop into the IFSM rail i think you got fuel but either that port doesnt work for testing after the pump or somethings goofy.

I would replace the 2 pressure regulators and see what happens there and maybe replace that port on the pump with the one from the IFSM rail and see if stuff changes i would also replace the fuel pressure sensor.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
./uploads/202004/post_1367_1585963743_027273a4dddbf7d8b0a2ad3f677077e9.jpg
Left is with the key on and just the priming transfer pump running and the right is when it kicks off, so it is making pressure.

Thanks Lonestar! I think the pressure regulators might be first on the agenda tomorrow.

I swapped the compucheck fittings but it made no difference. It makes more pressure with the priming pump running than it does when the engine is running.

2 regulators and a fuel pump might be on the menu tomorrow.

I also checked the fuel shutoff valve by removing and attaching the wire and I could hear it clicking. I was thinking if that was stuck shut, it would bypass at the 350psi regulator to the fuel tanks..... but then it shouldn't be running.... heck with zero pressure I dont think it should be running though either.

replyreply
./uploads/202004/post_1367_1585971544_30801f66783fee66ecfbe13585fa2bd9.jpg

I am not sure how I mixed this up..... under testing the fuel pump it tells you to check the pressure where I did here.....

https://youtu.be/n-QwD6wRa84

Well I've got between 200 and 300, although its sporadic, which may be because the trucks running like shi#t!

I've been measuring the fuel pressure up at the pump itself. Maybe I'm a idiot here lol. Fuel sensor in the morning to start I thinks. Wont solve my running rough issue but itll narrow down where I need to look.

replyreply
04-04-2020, (Subject: Code 2215 low fuel pressure ) 
might help the running as the computer is trying to compensate for supposidly 9psi of fuel.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , schISM
04-04-2020, (Subject: Code 2215 low fuel pressure ) 
You are checking for pressure at the gear pump inlet - That test point will show lift pump pressure with the engine off, but once you start it, there will be a significant vacuum there caused by the gear pump. Your pressure gauge has likely been ruined or at least pulled out of calibration by the vacuum.

Test gear pump outlet pressure at the fitting on the front of the pump below the ECM cooling plate feed pipe.

Check rail pressure at the bottom of the IFSM right up the front. The fitting points down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , redbeard , trucklogger2
04-05-2020, (Subject: Code 2215 low fuel pressure ) 
ya, I think in that first video you are measuring pressure on the vacuum side of the gear pump bud. there should be another fitting on the front facing side of that gear pump, on the pressure side of it. I would have to double check a flow diagram again to be 100% though. That would explain why you had your 10 psi with the priming pump and it would be more noticeable with a guage that wasnt reading 0-400 psi.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.