New oil pump
04-09-2020, (Subject: New oil pump ) 
RE: New oil pump
Two other interesting notes on the pumps:

New style PN 5532492, quick serve says it has a "left hand thread bolt" holding on the external idler gear, (like the old pump has). ****The brand new one I took apart yesterday DID NOT!!****
It had a regular thread bolt, with some red lock tight on the end.

Old style pump PN 3687527, the original off the truck at 764,000 miles. When I disassembled it I mic'd, everything. Then compared those measurements to the Cummins Reman old style I took apart yesterday. The only places I found any measurable wear, were the internal idler gear bushing had worn .0020" (not .020"), and the drive gear shaft had worn .0017", (not .017"). Other than that it mic'd out identical to the fresh Cummins Reman with 764K miles. There were also wear marks on the internal gears but nothing too bad. That's a pretty damned bulletproof pump. In hindsight, I should have done my rods and mains and left the original oil pump the hell alone!! But that's 20/20 as they say.....

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
04-11-2020, (Subject: New oil pump ) 
RE: New oil pump
Yesterday the pan went back on for the second time, this time with the Cummins Reman old style pump. I cranked her up this morning and the noise seems to be gone!! I also have better oil pressure then before. I let the oil get up to 190 degrees idling and the pressures were as follows: @650 rpm- 25psi, @850 rpm-36psi, @1000rpm- 38psi. I will test drive later today and make sure the noise doesn’t come back at full operating temp usually 205 or 206 degrees for my motor.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard , suined

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.