2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts
04-15-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
RE: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts
Make sure they can obtain the Barrel/plunger(s)....when I rebuilt mine, they were no longer available to purchase separate. Purchasing the entire head assembly was the only way to obtain them.

The very few places around the country who had the Barrel/Plunger(s) would not sell them to me or the parts house/dealer I went through. Claimed they were hanging onto them for their own customers since they couldn't get them anymore.

This was as of around June-July last year, so maybe things have changed...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
04-15-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
(04-15-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  Make sure they can obtain the Barrel/plunger(s)....when I rebuilt mine, they were no longer available to purchase separate. Purchasing the entire head assembly was the only way to obtain them.

The very few places around the country who had the Barrel/Plunger(s) would not sell them to me or the parts house/dealer I went through. Claimed they were hanging onto them for their own customers since they couldn't get them anymore.

This was as of around June-July last year, so maybe things have changed...

Copy that!

Cummins parts counter told me that they were available for purchase for my engine and he apparently put them on Will Call for me. What's so special about my ISX15 CM2350 over that other one over there...beats the hell out of me, his words not mine.

I will head down there tomorrow to pick them up, guess we'll see what I end up with at that time.
replyreply
04-20-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
Well what did you end up with??

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
04-20-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
(04-20-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Well what did you end up with??

Picking up parts tomorrow morning. Will update then.
replyreply
04-21-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
(04-20-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Well what did you end up with??

Here are the parts and pricing.

2013 ISX15 CM2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild

$440.93

I asked the parts guy about what many here say that rebuild of the 2350 fuel pump isn’t possible that must only purchase a new Head.

He said and I quote “I have no idea what you’re talking about. We sell these all the time.”

Why some are unable to buy rebuild parts...no clue.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mattman , SquareOne
04-27-2020, (Subject: 2350 Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts ) 
The rebuild is done. I must admit that having never done anything like this before I was sweating bullets starting it up for the first time. I primed it twice and then cranked it for about 5 seconds before it fired off. Let run and brought temp up to 150ish or so. No leaks thus far idling nicely.

Like others have stated all old parts looked great. No visible signs of impending death. There was the slightest bit of polishing just below the roller (see photo closely) but that was the only thing i saw. The cam was clean. Rollers clean. No wear on plunger that i saw.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Peace of mind is priceless, glad it all worked out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
Once you get into things, these kind of jobs get to be easy. I don’t loose sleep anymore knowing the help I have here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Rawze
(04-27-2020 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Once you get into things, these kind of jobs get to be easy. I don’t loose sleep anymore knowing the help I have here.

Most definitely. Without Rawze and everyone here I wouldn’t have considered doing all Ive done to that truck in the last month.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.