vibration damper thoughts
10-26-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
RE: vibration damper thoughts
(10-26-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Isn't LKQ a used/salvaged truck parts supplier?

Yeaaa, thats the same thing I thought as well.

(10-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  THAT IS A USED PART... DID YOU INTEND TO BUY A USED ONE?

There is no telling how many miles are on that thing.. It looks like a WHOLE LOT! .. someone stripped the pain off of a replacement damper right off an engine somewhere, and half-arssed cleaned it up.. then stuck it in a box.

As far as it being used, I def did not intend to buy a used part. I did notice the markings around the mounting holes which made me question it as well. Never removed one before, so I assumed (with the frequent difficulty of removal) it would have much more scarring around the mounting holes, center bore, and rear portion where it would be in direct contact of the crank. Didn't even consider they would've stripped the paint though....that's pretty chicken shi#t and they should be held accountable if that's the stuff they're trying to pull.

Guess it's back to the drawing board to try to hunt one down....where's the 'hand to face' icon lol
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: vibration damper thoughts - SquareOne - 10-26-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.