vibration damper thoughts
10-28-2021, (Subject: vibration damper thoughts ) 
RE: vibration damper thoughts
(10-27-2021 )Poundtowne Wrote:  ..
What does happen is that the paint chips, the metal rusts, the holes become microscopically oval shaped and the bolts wear away at the dampener. All of this causes the dampener (or harmonic balancer) to become off balance and its ability to dampen the reverberation of the crankshaft becomes less effective.

I just have to point this out...

Was someone trying to play "internet rambo" there or what?... a bit of rust and paint and "microscopic bolt distortions" .. SERIOUSLY?... THAT DAMN THING AND THE heavy CRANK IT BALANCES IS NOT THAT SENSITIVE AT ALL!!!..

The damn crank-shaft is not spinning at 50,000 rpm's where things like that would actually start to make a measurable difference ... ... - I want some of that your smokin' there... better yet.. maybe not.

We try not to do that kind of over-extreme stuffs around here .. so that people who do not know any better can learn things without being clouded with excessive "micro-cassims" of rambo-isms.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: vibration damper thoughts - Rawze - 10-28-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.