Cm 870 oil temp gauge
04-21-2020, (Subject: Cm 870 oil temp gauge ) 
Cm 870 oil temp gauge
Tried searching not finding anything really oil temp sensor related on the entire internet. Lots of oil pressure sensor video replacement guides..

My temp gauge (05 International 9900) is not working it's just flatlined. Now if this wasn't working or had a broken wire or the temp sensor was shot would this not throw a code or cause a shutdown?Or am I looking at a working sensor but the gauge or wiring isn't functional?

I know if my coolant gets too hot warnings come on the dash.

Finally is this sensor located beside oil pressure sensor behind the fuel filter area? I'm assuming it is as it's the hardest one to get at lol.

Thanks in advance![/align]
replyreply
RE: Cm 870 oil temp gauge
Part Number
Description
Pressure Sensor

is what cummins shows for my dads oil pressure sensor

dont know if this works but its cummins new parts catalog.
https://parts.cummins.com/esn-entry/main...921517/esn

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Craag
Just noticed temp sensor instead of pressure. Pretty sure this might effect how the truck runs for timing maybe as it does in gas engines but if the computer thinks it is dead it will probably put a default number in as a safe mode and run just not to it's highest potential but won't shutdown usually oil pressure or emissions equipment have that power.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(04-21-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Just noticed temp sensor instead of pressure. Pretty sure this might effect how the truck runs for timing maybe as it does in gas engines but if the computer thinks it is dead it will probably put a default number in as a safe mode and run just not to it's highest potential but won't shutdown usually oil pressure or emissions equipment have that power.
Yes temp sensor. Just changed pressure sensor before head was replaced. Seems to run very good but going to have to fix this as I'll need to know should anything be going wrong under the surface so to speak. Thanks
replyreply
04-22-2020, (Subject: Cm 870 oil temp gauge ) 
(04-21-2020 )Craag Wrote:  Tried searching not finding anything really oil temp sensor related on the entire internet. Lots of oil pressure sensor video replacement guides..

My temp gauge (05 International 9900) is not working it's just flatlined. Now if this wasn't working or had a broken wire or the temp sensor was shot would this not throw a code or cause a shutdown?Or am I looking at a working sensor but the gauge or wiring isn't functional?

Finally is this sensor located beside oil pressure sensor behind the fuel filter area? I'm assuming it is as it's the hardest one to get at lol.

you did not search entire internet... you missed the biggest site of them all .. the engine makers site ...

register your engine on quickserve.cummins.com -- All manuals, drawings, diagrams,. etc. for your engine are there .... for free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-22-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-21-2020 )Craag Wrote:  Tried searching not finding anything really oil temp sensor related on the entire internet. Lots of oil pressure sensor video replacement guides..

you did not search entire internet... you missed the biggest site of them all .. the engine makers site ...

register your engine on quickserve.cummins.com -- All manuals, drawings, diagrams,. etc. for your engine are there .... for free.

I just have quickserve on my phone and it shows very little information. Parts a few, does allow input of fault codes. It must be the difference with the app compared to computer software? My computer is in need of updating I don't believe it will run quickserve. Searched about as much as my dinosaur technology allowed..

Thanks though.
replyreply
The quickserve app is garbage. Vague and hard to navigate is the kindest words I can give it.

Go here https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html and sign up to the actual website. It has all the info you need and more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Craag
(04-22-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  The quickserve app is garbage. Vague and hard to navigate is the kindest words I can give it.

Go here https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html and sign up to the actual website. It has all the info you need and more.

Yes I was very disappointed with it lol. Thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.