Truck fridge
04-27-2020, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
Truck fridge
I have a truckfridge model no. tf49 12/24V in my 2014 Prostar. It just stopped working all of a sudden. Now it just makes a thumping noise every now and again. Any suggestions?
replyreply
RE: Truck fridge
here is what we use. Still very happy with it, is not cheap, but worth every cent..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid31417

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , LargeCar
I have a similar one, made by Dometic. Also not cheap, but it's held up almost 2 years bouncing around with me. I found it works best if raised up off the (potentially very hot) tractor floor. It runs on AC or DC (you can have both cords plugged in at the same time and it will switch automagically). While I wish I went with a bigger model, I must say that even though it's only 28 quarts, fully loaded it's pretty heavy to lift into the tractor every time I leave home. When I'm home it's sitting in the kitchen plugged in to the AC the entire time. So it's literally been running almost non-stop for 2 years now.

Oh, and it's very quiet! This thing literally sits next to my head while I'm sleeping and I don't even notice it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Waterloo
04-28-2020, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
(04-27-2020 )david24 Wrote:  I have a truckfridge model no. tf49 12/24V in my 2014 Prostar. It just stopped working all of a sudden. Now it just makes a thumping noise every now and again. Any suggestions?
Probably lost refrigerant or control box.
DC compressor fitted with DC brushless motor with speed controlled by electronic box.
Easy to recharge as it runs on R-134 refrigerant.
Parts here https://www.mccombssupply.com/secop-comp...e-package/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , david24 , Pd6cas2 , LargeCar , Waterloo , JMBT
(04-27-2020 )JimT Wrote:  I have a similar one, made by Dometic. Also not cheap, but it's held up almost 2 years bouncing around with me. I found it works best if raised up off the (potentially very hot) tractor floor. It runs on AC or DC (you can have both cords plugged in at the same time and it will switch automagically). While I wish I went with a bigger model, I must say that even though it's only 28 quarts, fully loaded it's pretty heavy to lift into the tractor every time I leave home. When I'm home it's sitting in the kitchen plugged in to the AC the entire time. So it's literally been running almost non-stop for 2 years now.

Oh, and it's very quiet! This thing literally sits next to my head while I'm sleeping and I don't even notice it.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-insulated-...roduct_1_1

This is what is I use to bring food to fridge that stays in truck.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , david24
Here is good deal https://www.newegg.com/iceco-go20-ultima...klink=true
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
04-29-2020, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
(04-27-2020 )JimT Wrote:  I have a similar one, made by Dometic. I must say that even though it's only 28 quarts, fully loaded it's pretty heavy to lift into the tractor every time I leave home. When I'm home it's sitting in the kitchen plugged in to the AC

Just curious why you would lug it in and out like that? Why not just run an extension cord out to the truck?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
05-03-2020, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
(04-29-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Just curious why you would lug it in and out like that? Why not just run an extension cord out to the truck?

No power in the parking lot where I park the truck, which is a 15 minute drive from my house. I can leave it in the tractor over night and come home, but for anything longer I don't want to leave the inverter running and draining the batteries.

(04-28-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-insulated-...roduct_1_1

This is what is I use to bring food to fridge that stays in truck.

All of my food is purchased and prepared at home due to food allergies and diet, so this method works best for me. It's easier to bring the fridge (I call it a cooler since it's about that size) home and pack it full there. Plugs in to the AC at home, the DC in my pickup and the AC from my inverter in the tractor. 90% of the weight is from the food, so for me it wouldn't change my situation.

Part of the reason I went with THAT size is due to the fact that I only have a 48" sleeper (mid roof) and the dimensions of this fridge matched the space I had (it fits where a 14" cabinet used to be). I'm considering getting a second one, maybe a little smaller, to use exclusively as a freezer. But that will wait until I've got enough free cash/time to remodel the inside of the sleeper (my own labor and custom design, relatively low cost, but not a priority right now).

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
06-17-2020, (Subject: Truck fridge ) 
Thought I would revive this thread... My little Waeco OEM style fridge in the truck, the one that fits in the cabinet, is in the process of taking a dump. I want something more energy efficient that I can run an extension plug to when I am home.

I also wanted something that would fit in the cabinet where the refrigerator resides right now in the ProStar.

I think I found it, The ICECO VL45 https://amzn.to/3hJdugT

I had a 83 quart one of these years ago when I was in the restaurant business and they do work, very little draw. This ICECO unit from all I can tell is pretty solid, the reviews from all over the internet are good too, and they do have service here in the US. It also has the better US made compressor. I ordered it this morning, the unemployment monies hit, LOL!

It should slide directly into the cabinet the old fridge resides in, I will just need to figure out a way to slide it in and out so as not to bang it around. They do have a sliding tray, but they want $200 for that. I think I can rig something up to do the same thing for much less.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.