CM871 bad delete
05-25-2020, (Subject: CM871 bad delete ) 
RE: CM871 bad delete
I think it should be knowing that a lot of (dumb) "truckdrivers " have done this . Myself included.

Keep in mind it takes somebody that has a will to learn or take matters into thier own hands.
In other word YOU need to want to help yourself.

If you want to help yourself this is the place to be and a lot of guys on here will try to help you to a point .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains
05-29-2020, (Subject: CM871 bad delete ) 
I just got the inline 6 adapter. I found the how to tutorial from Rawze and im trying to dissect what i am reading. Im not a computer whiz by any stretch but im giving it a go. Havent found the overlay file to download yet for @m*m^2 but im working on it.

Interestingly enough i went over and had a look at the truck in the shop today. They counterbored all 6 cylinders and set the liners to .014. Apparently cummins has been recommending the liner heights be set lower to between .010 and .012. I said thats because they want you to keep spending money in rebuilds lol.

I also noticed that where my EGR cooler was they had a plate installed where it buttons to the back right side of the motor and were about to weld a plate to the backside of the water pump where it runs into the egr cooler. Basically tearing all the egr equipment off completely. I remebered a post on here about that very thing and how it causes a pressure build up at the pump and how it affects Coolant flow to the back of the motor. Luckily ive been pretty vigilant in going over and checking on things every couple days. So i put a stop to that nonsense and got them to put it back the way it was which they had no issue doing. He said most guys that come in and ask him to do a delete get him to do it that way but he understands why i wanted it the way i do. I woulda never known that had i not found this forum.

Anyway, hopefully itll be on the road hauling dirt around town end of next week. So i got some PC learning to do.
replyreply
I pm'd u some info.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )Roadrailer Wrote:  I just got the inline 6 adapter. ... im working on it.

e-mail me the resulting file before putting it into your truck so that it can be updated, checked for correctness, and to ensure it is safe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-29-2020 )Roadrailer Wrote:  I just got the inline 6 adapter. ... im working on it.

e-mail me the resulting file before putting it into your truck so that it can be updated, checked for correctness, and to ensure it is safe.

Will do! Thanks!
replyreply
06-19-2020, (Subject: CM871 bad delete ) 
Hello I’m looking for a cm870 egr de-mandate
replyreply
06-19-2020, (Subject: CM871 bad delete ) 
(06-19-2020 )thelastking Wrote:  Hello I’m looking for a cm870 egr de-mandate

forum membr 'mommaburt', 'unilevers',
or mr.hags shop in ATL.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.