Where can I find the bad delete wall of shame?
05-29-2020, (Subject: Where can I find the bad delete wall of shame? ) 
Where can I find the bad delete wall of shame?
Got a cm2250 with 791k on it

Truck was deleted at 715k ish

All “seemed” to be well until I noticed my truck all of a sudden trying to go over 40 psi with a lack of power
I always keep it at 20 psi the lowest I can safely keep with the flow of traffic.
(Now realizing that this was a problem)

Inspected my turbo found that the vgt selector shaft would not move to the closed side

When purchasing a rebuilt turbo and trying to figure out the proper sizing we should go with

I put in a call to a well respected shop owner most have heard about and we found out that my 400st rated for max 450hp/1650ft/lb engine cpl 3490 had a software tune for a 3491 cpl truck turned up to 500hp 1850 torque and was listed in insite as 484 hp

So now I’m going to have the truck retuned go over all of the work that was done to have it deleted including hollowing out the cans and perform an egr tune up.

My questions are

When cleaning the intake manifold and egr cross over tube what products should I use?

Also I’m sure my business partner (my truck) has sustained some abuse these last miles what are some of the things I can do to check and ensure the condition of my engine ?

I’m hoping too much damage wasn’t done and I can still take this engine to atleast a million miles it currently has about 21k ish hours

Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: Where can I find the bad delete wall of shame?
I think I would drop the pan and check some bearings, and also look under the cover and inspect the cams. A 2250 making it to 791K without ever being inframed is pretty rare. Do you know any of the history of this truck?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  I think I would drop the pan and check some bearings, and also look under the cover and inspect the cams. A 2250 making it to 791K without ever being inframed is pretty rare. Do you know any of the history of this truck?

Bearings are in the list as I believe they’re due at 800k.

Cams have minor wear no pits or scoring

The shop I bought it from knew the previous owner and said the truck never gave him any problems I purchased the truck at 706k
replyreply
76,000 miles of a bad delete can hammer your bearings, i wouldn't wait, i would do them right now.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  76,000 miles of a bad delete can hammer your bearings, i wouldn't wait, i would do them right now.

I was reading QuickServe on the procedure I’ve done my fair share of work on cars and a few things on this truck like injector and fuel pump

quickserve doesn’t seem to make it out to be too difficult

Is this something I can do myself?
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )Armond96 Wrote:  
(05-29-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  76,000 miles of a bad delete can hammer your bearings, i wouldn't wait, i would do them right now.

I was reading QuickServe on the procedure I’ve done my fair share of work on cars and a few things on this truck like injector and fuel pump

Yes, as long as your are confident and patient. Rawze has a nice video of this showing everything.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(05-29-2020 )Armond96 Wrote:  

Yes, as long as your are confident and patient. Rawze has a nice video of this showing everything.

I saw the video I noticed it was on an 871 I believe but I’ll watch. It again and go for it
replyreply
Are you saying that you are going too return the truck to before the demandate??

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Armond96
Be careful pulling the intake off to clean the soot in the head. We recommend strongly to just leave it alone. If anything lighty take a vacuum to get any loose stuff but don't break any of the other stuff loose. All it takes it a chunk of that carbon to go thru the engine and bang up a valve and trash the turbo on its way out.

As far as the intake piping, go nuts and clean that up when its off the truck. Just be careful not to break any carbon loose when reinstalling the manifold.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Armond96

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.