exhaust pressure sensing tube
05-30-2020, (Subject: exhaust pressure sensing tube ) 
exhaust pressure sensing tube
Hi guys, I am changing exhaust manifold gaskets and run into a problem. I was not able to unscrew exhaust pressure sensing tube from both manifold and exhaust pressure sensing housing. After heating tube unscrewed from the housing but not from manifold. I left it hanging there. So , I changed gaskets, bolts , etc and now I think I have damaged threads in the housing. Anybody knows what to do? Maybe you know what kind of thread it is? I do not know for sure but it looks to me metric M12 1.0 . Thanks!
replyreply
RE: exhaust pressure sensing tube
When I changed mine ,I ended up having to cut the type to put a socket on it .
Then I just bought a new one .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
When they are stuck like that, cut the pipe part off it then take your time heating it up until the whole fitting is glowing a nice dull red on its own... use a 6-point socket on it, work it back and fourth a little at a time until it comes out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-31-2020, (Subject: exhaust pressure sensing tube ) 
thank you, that is what i will do. i will give it last chance and if it is stuck will just replace it
replyreply
same here. mine was so rusted in place that it was bending my open ended wrench trying to turn it. eventually ordered a new pipe then cut the old one and threw a socket on there. didn't need heat, just broke it free and it came right out.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Line wrenches are handy for this.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-01-2020, (Subject: exhaust pressure sensing tube ) 
(05-31-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Line wrenches are handy for this.
i have one , but no luck, today i will just cut it off )))
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.