reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15
05-30-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15
I'm looking for someone who can reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15.
I have 2011 peterbilt 587 cummins isx 15 cm2250, I install 2016 cummins isx 15 cm2350.
My "truck" ecm have 3 connections, new engine have 2
Truck have cut off egr and dpf
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
05-30-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
RE: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15
Sounds like you might have made a mess of things.

Easiest thing to do is put the ecm and wiring harness from the 2250 onto the 2350 block.

Deleted or not,... you will still need a custom program made though for it to run right. The 2350 engine is different in hardaere design.

after you get the wiring and ecm put onto it, pull a copy of the program out of the ecm using the 'CT' software and e-mail it to me. - I Pm'd you my e-mail.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
06-03-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
ok ... you sent me the file that was in your CM2250 ecm. It already has a delete program in it that is quite bad.

here is what needs to happen to start fixing this mess...

* The ecm needs to be re-programmed with the origional factory program for the CM2250 for that make/model truck --- THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM THAT BELONGS TO YOUR TRUCK AND ENGINE needs to go back into the ecm. This can be done with Insite software and the right factory program, or you can simply take the ecm to a stealers$it and have them flash it for that truck and engine that was originally in it, likely for a few hundred bucks. Just use the vin# of the truck and any stealers$it that can bench the ecm can put it back in, make it ready to go. <- This will get rid of the bad delete program out of the ecm and allow someone to start with a fresh up-to-date program for that make/model truck. According to the ESN# this would be the original 'CL10047' factory calibration program.

* After a new program is flashed in with insite ... ecm needs to be able to build all data in RAM memory back up before it can be properly edited without corruption. It takes about10 minutes to do this. Because of this, after ecm is flashed back with factory program ... the ecm needs to be put back on the engine and the power applied (turn on key-switch in dash) to the ecm (it does not have to actually crank and run the engine) with the ecm on the truck. It needs this power applied to it for a minimum of 10 minutes. if it gets fault codes, it will not matter. no need to panic or over think it. it just needs power on it and it to be on the truck so it can see things. After that, someone can then go further.

* Next would be to copy the program out of the ecm using the CT software so that it can be edited and fixed. Both for the fact that the truck no longer has egr, etc... and for the fact that it is going to run a CM2350 engine block.

* Next would be getting the Africa-G CM2250 program overlay applied to the clean factory program. This will properly de-mandate it and allow it to run with no egr, etc.

* Next would be to edit the ecm program and adjust the fuelling controller and all the other things necessary to compensate for the CM2350 engine, its compression ratio, different style of injectors, narrower start of injection timing spread, lower boost level requirements, etc.etc.

* Next would be to make any changes to power, torque, etc. thata re desired on the newly made program.

* After that, it can be put back into the engine and the engine will run 100% properly and have everything necessary to operate correctly.

-- that is what needs to happen to fix the ecm side of things properly.

===============

If you take the first steps and get it flashed to factory, then run the ecm for 10 minutes with it connected to the truck, then pull the program out with CT software -- e-mail that clean and up to date factory file that has 10+ minutes of run time on it form the ecm ... then the process of making everything right can begin. -- I am not about to even try to fix someone else's butchered delete, it is just too much work to try to fix that too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , victory26 , JimT
06-03-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
An overview of the file sent to me... for those who are curious as to why the delete itself is bad...

here are some of the highlights...

* parameters for the charge air cooler outlet temp sensing has been overridden and set to 0-C degrees. This Hinders engine's ability to make proper combustion. It is also possible that this may cause occasional improper engine mode selection problems?.

Many fault codes have been suppressed using block fault tables. they cannot show in the dash even if the ecm is screaming the alarms. NONE of these codes should be there when a proper de-mandate has been done. Here are the codes,... the tables are completely full...

285 - SAE J1939 Multiplexing PGN Timeout Error - Abnormal Update Rate
3138 - Engine Exhaust Gas Recirculation Outlet Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
2771 - Aftertreatment 1 Outlet NOx Sensor - Abnormal Update Rate
3232 - Aftertreatment 1 Intake NOx Sensor - Abnormal Update Rate
2636 - VGT Actuator Driver Circuit - Abnormal Update Rate
687 - Turbocharger 1 Speed - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level
3597 - Aftertreatment Diesel Exhaust Fluid Controller - Abnormal Update Rate
1867 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
1942 - Crankcase Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
3733 - Crankcase Breather Filter Heater Circuit - Voltage Above Normal or Shorted to High Source
1896 - EGR Valve Controller - Out of Calibration
2288 - Turbocharger 1 Speed - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Least Severe Level
3382 - Engine Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level
3135 - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter Outlet Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
1866 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Differential Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

* The Fresh Air Flow manager was overridden and set to assume that a 0.0 clean/dirty/sooty air ratio (all dirty air) is present. I have no idea why someone would do such a thing. It is obvious that someone was poking around blindly there. An ill effect of this is the engine trying to run to lean and causing detonation issues.

* Exhaust pressure limit allowance has been overridden and set to 0. Although there are more proper ways to accomplish this if that is someone's goal ... I could see someone perhaps setting it to a very high number in attempts to to disable it? ... but setting it to zero psi?... The Exhaust pressure limit error counter data collection also reflects this issue and has maxed out with more than 65,000 errors due to this setting as well. - again, signs of someone poking around blindly inside that ecm not knowing what the hell they are doing.

* Charge inlet temp in range monitor has been disabled. This is not so good, as there is no more detection of turbo overheating.

* the Regen permit switch option in the dash of the vehicle has not disabled. if the switch is present and is activated, it could possibly cause instability in the ecm. Simply bad practice not to disable switches like this after a de-mandate and can cause some of those faults seen above.

* The same mistake i see over and over ... engine brake set significantly higher than factory. This sets the engine at high risk to drop a valve and destroy itself under high engine brake and high rpm conditions.

* Someone manually adjusted the Mass charge flow manager to an overridden state and stuck in a state of HighFlow" condition.. Lowflow state is also overridden and set to "off". Normally, the engine would be in a derate for this, but elsewhere the drate is switched off. - Someone poking at things blindly, as this has nothing to do with a de-mandate at all, and it does not even have anything to do with any power or torque. - it simply is a serious case of 'blind-man-poke-and-play'!.

* Mass charge flow manager "Slow turbo (excess lag) Response" error condition state has been overridden and set to a perpetually active error state. - Again-Normally, the engine would be in a derate for this, but elsewhere the drate is switched off. ??WTF?//??--- again?? more 'blind-man-poke-and-play'!

* The EGR pressure sensor is showing a perpetual error state. This is because it was not shut off properly in the logic.

* All SCR efficiency diagnostics has been left(or turned) on. Aagin,.. WTF??? Why would someone leave this on when the SCR element has been removed and there is no way for the system to regen and clean it out any more. The doser injector is disabled, the DOC and DPF are disabled,.. did someone just overlook this because of blind guessing and poking around??

* SCR Face-plug detection diagnostics has been left on. Aagin,.. WTF??? Again... did someone just overlook this because of blind guessing and poking around??

* One of the exhaust temperature derate tables has been edited improperly and the reference data is heavily damaged and corrupted. - i can see if someone decided to maybe put values in the table to prevent the derate,.. but why did they corrupt the reference data is beyond me... Again... a case of 'blind-man-poke-and-play'!

* Exhaust manifold pressure sensing has been overridden and set to 36 psi. <- I have never seen anyone do this, and quite frankly, this is extremely harmful to the engine. it no longer knows what the exhaust manifold pressure is any more. <- this is obviously someone's attempt to make high exhaust pressure alarms to go away because the turbo is screaming and over-boosting like hell. .. so instead of fixing the over-boosting, lets just hide it so that the turbo can blow up and not give any clue as to why? -- 'blind-man-poke-and-play'!

* Power and torque settings are not excessive, but injection timing is set way too high .. harmful... and boost is too high too.. also, all of the NOx sensors are still on, all aux. emissions are trying to take over, no proper engine mode control logic in place, and the list goes on and on and on of the repeated 'blind-man-poke-and-play'! throughout this whole program... It is bad .. real bad!. There are about 20 or so more mistakes in the program similar to the one's mentioned.

another victim of bad delete programs.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26 , JimT
06-04-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
I don't understand how anyone can reprogram ECM without knowing what they are doing.
Now i know why engines break down.
Thank you so much for what you do
You are the only person in this country who knows what he is doing
replyreply
06-04-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
(06-04-2020 )rogacki86 Wrote:  I don't understand how anyone can reprogram ECM without knowing what they are doing.
Thank you so much for what you do
You are the only person in this country who knows what he is doing

I have to agree 100 percent on that Rawze is a beast when it comes to engines and how they work it’s mind blowing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-06-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
It’s no secret why Rawze is good at what he does. The Man pays attention to detail and asks himself a zillion questions of basically why did “it” do that.
His gift to the world is that he shares his information gathering with us.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-06-2020, (Subject: reprogramming ecm in cummins isx 15 ) 
(06-04-2020 )rogacki86 Wrote:  I don't understand how anyone can reprogram ECM without knowing what they are doing.

It was nice having you over today to go over the changes necessary to run a CM2350 block with a 2250 ecm. Enjoyed going through it with you line by line ... Thanks for stopping by.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.