CM 870 High Oil Temp
06-10-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
RE: CM 870 High Oil Temp
Oil temps in the 240+F range (and higher) are not normal. Not even under high loads unless your absolutely torturing the engine.

first thoughts: high oil temps and over-powered/jerky engine brake can often be signs of bad custom programming/delete. Can cause exactly what you describe if someone jacked the engine brake setting up and advanced the injection timing in the ecm, or did not properly re-program the main engine mode control logic. May or may not be the issue, but is the most likely cause in most cases where what you describe is observed.

Is it custom tuned/deleted? - if so, by who was the programming done?

that or bad actuator(s), possibly slipped cam?, etc...

Does the program match the engine or has someone changed it to a higher HP one?. Could also be throwing it off, especially on CM870 as there are different wedge cam profiles that are not compatible with some programs people use to turn up the HP.

It can also be over-boosting like hell causing both of those issues due to somethign wrong with turbo, CAC, etc.

What is the boost climbing up to under maximum/high engine loads?- Does it have a mechanical gauge or only the dash gauge?. When is the last time the intake and exhaust pressure senors replaced?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM 870 High Oil Temp - 2dlb - 06-09-2020,
RE: CM 870 High Oil Temp - Rawze - 06-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.