CM 870 High Oil Temp
06-10-2020, (Subject: CM 870 High Oil Temp ) 
RE: CM 870 High Oil Temp
(06-10-2020 )2dlb Wrote:  Thanks Rawze, This is not demandated new egr, tuned by uni, boost runs 35-38 max pyro 700 to maybe 8 on the norm, I put in all new actuator springs when we did the overhead, checked pistons all looked good, CPL 8519 factory setting was 475 so i guess you would call this a mid tier?, All sensors were changed as per your recommedation, did notice there is some turbo cough as well, we did clean the exhaust pressure sensor line when i changed the sensor as well,cac was pressure tested at the same time, check the solenoids with it running and valve cover off ,the actuate like normal. If you are empty it seams fine.??

turbo cough is not a good sign. Pressure test the whole engine, not just the CAC. Find any air leaks and fix them. Also take it on a test drive with the exhaust unhooked from behind the turbo. Make sure there is no restriction in the exhaust. Also make sure the air-cleaner filter is new.

egt's sound a bit low if that is all you can get out of it. Should be fairly easy to squeeze 900 - 1000 out of the egt's if it is running right. You might be making too much air for the HP your producing. Perhaps a bit too much injection timing still?. Maybe bad timing actuator or slipped cam? -- All signs you describe still point that direction, just saying.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb

Messages In This Thread
CM 870 High Oil Temp - 2dlb - 06-09-2020,
RE: CM 870 High Oil Temp - Rawze - 06-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.