Way back when...
02-12-2021, (Subject: Way back when... ) 
Way back when...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , tree98 , Toolguy
RE: Way back when...
That was a cool video, back when America was America, and companies like GM, WERE American.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-12-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  That was a cool video, back when America was America, and companies like GM, WERE American.

Amen!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
02-13-2021, (Subject: Way back when... ) 
That was fun to watch

Imagine if they showed reel to reel films like that in elementary school like they did when we were kids

Might end up with people that understand how things work
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Rawze , Waterloo , snailexpress
Nah, kids would still be napping and throwing spit balls at the screen as soon as the lights went out. Just like when we were kids.

Don't even try to say that they wouldn't and that they'd be on their phones... the screen on their phone would light up giving away their shenanigans.

Napping and spit balls are timeless.
replyreply
(02-13-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Nah, kids would still be napping and throwing spit balls at the screen as soon as the lights went out. Just like when we were kids.

Don't even try to say that they wouldn't and that they'd be on their phones... the screen on their phone would light up giving away their shenanigans.

That is because the more dry you make a film, the less people tend to be interested in it.

Now take what i just said and amplify it more and more the younger someone is.

I bet if you had a big purple dinosaur in the film getting smacked around by that diesel train, plus some fool farting in public for some comic relief, then they would never forgotten it.

-- I never understood why they made films for classrooms the most boring, dry, put-you-to-sleep garbage .. then the teacher wonder why no child gives a damn.

It comes down to the fact that television for children are all based on this premise of public stupidity and embarrassment, selfishness, self-indulgence, insulting everyone around you, solving every problem thru violence, etc. in all of its cartoon glory. The child after a while expects everything they watch to be like that .... and then suddenly you strip all of that away in an educational film, changing up the narrative, making it as dull and dry as it can be? -- The outcome of sleeping, spit-balling, booing, and acting up in the classroom as soon as the lights go out is to be expected at that point.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(02-13-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Nah, kids would still be napping and throwing spit balls at the screen as soon as the lights went out. Just like when we were kids.

I used to love to see the old projector out. More than a few times the films were pretty cool. They always caught my attention, but back then we were actually learning. And yes, they were projectors, I don't recall VCRs and TV's in school until my last two years in high school. But, that was a different time, politics was spoken of in generalizations and we actually had Civic classes along with a strong PTA to keep the stupid out of the classroom. Different times.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
When I was in high school I was in Vo Tech, took auto diesel for three years. Vo Tech half a day and school the other half. At Vo Tech we would have to watch films called Wheels of Tragedy they were by the Ohio State Police.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.