New truck new blog.
06-25-2020, (Subject: New truck new blog. ) 
RE: New truck new blog.
So after spending the weekend there unloaded first thing Monday and continuing on to Houston, TX got that dropped off, Doubled back to McAllen reloaded Tuesday back for the Chicago Market 77000lbs gross stopped to fuel into Falfurrias, TX if you needed a better point to prove that biodiesel sucks this is it right here as 360 miles were empty and I should have seen low 7's atleast even with the coastal winds pushing me around abit!

Getting out of southern TX past San Antonio and decide to pay TX-130 a visit for those who don't know, it has the highest posted speed limit 85mph so why not stretch its legs abit. I can hear Rawze's blood boiling already. lol

So cruising at 1800 rpm about 85mph for a short amount of time. engine Egts around 750-800 degrees, coolant temp around 200 degrees, oil temp at 235 degrees instant fuel consumption so/so depending on the incline or decline. Not something you want to do with cheap tires or frequently.. speaking of which after getting back on the Interstate past Waco one of those wonderful work zones must've had debris on the road because I have seen a car pull over with a flat tire, thought oh well bad luck until I saw in my mirror oh son of a bit...

Tried the fixed a flat worked on the spot but no luck once back on the road. Time to visit a tire shop south of the I35EW split, can't patch because it's a shoulder puncture, threw a new tire on it and got on with it despite the height difference of new and 160k of wear, no time to lose. Navigated US 75/69 in Oklahoma which is notorious for crappy roads and poorly timed lights, once on I44 I was like a rocket sled on rails into the Ozarks to my next fuel stop at Cuba, MO that Texas biodiesel is still hitting my mpg abit.

Got some green diesel now onward to Chitown, made it before 11pm yesterday night bam got a door and two hours later bills signed and another happy produce customer. This afternoon took off the new tire and mounted a used tire that matches the old one I took off, but now I have a nice new spare at the shop now.
./uploads/202006/post_1639_1593138981_d0c0436ad35a5cc212ec6556c70ee875.jpg it was a longer trip but it had it's up and downs overall came out ontop. Now I'll crack open a cold one and enjoy my home time.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New truck new blog. - marek4792 - 06-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.