ISX and DD15 Valve Trains...
06-14-2020, (Subject: ISX and DD15 Valve Trains... ) 
RE: ISX and DD15 Valve Trains...
(This is only personal opinion based on what I have seen so far) ...

They appear to be the same actuator as the newest style of VERY POORLY MADE 351Ve actuators that are now used on the dodge pickups. The guy at YTS said they fail like mad on the pickup trucks due to vibration and all the no-solder connections in them. That or the heat gets the Teflon bushings where bearings should be. The older versions of those actuators were actually well built. The guy at YTS also confirmed that the older ones held up very well, would usually last the life of the engine (at least in automotive standards any ways). - I have seen both styles apart. You can tell the older ones from the newer ones by the electrical connector. - If it has a pig-tail connector on it, it is the older style and quite well built. ... But all the newer junky style that I have seen so far have the electrical connector mounted directly into the top of the actuator with no pig-tail at all.

The newer ones are mostly complete garbage in my opinion after seeing the insides of a few of them with detail. A lot of glue and no-solder connections, motor windings with insulation still on them shoved into "V" solder-less connectors, expansion pins for all the connections to and from the circuit board, flaky looking as all he@ll and poorly put together. Teflon bushings where used where bearings should be, etc. - Then to top it all off,. they glued to all hell, its insides to prevent all the solder-less connections from flaking out too badly. - Really cheesy design compared to any of the older style VG actuators. - Only time will reveal their actual track record on the ISX though, so lets see what the future holds for them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BigRed6 , t700

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and DD15 Valve Trains... - Rawze - 06-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.