wobbling alternator pulley
06-18-2020, (Subject: wobbling alternator pulley ) 
wobbling alternator pulley
Hello, maybe somebody could point me in a right direction. Recently I replaced alternator on my ISX CM870. Delco Remy SI34. I removed it from another truck. Today when removing the belt I noticed that if I rotate pulley by hand it kind of wobble a little bit from side to side. Why it could be that way? My old alternator doesn't have a key , so I didn't install any. Bad pulley? Bad alternator? Thanks!
replyreply
RE: wobbling alternator pulley
Take the pulley back off and remount it. It might be cocked sideways and not pressed all the way on. While it's off put the alternator in a vice and spin the shaft to see if it spins true. If all checks out remount and try again.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
Make sure alternator is mounted horizontally, when redoing pulley, or you will damage internal components. As per delcoremy instructions.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin , Andre_The_Giant
thank you guys, i will remove it and put back on. will see
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.