High exhaust back pressure
07-09-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
RE: High exhaust back pressure
If there is carbon buildup and restrictions in the egr cooler then that restriction will lead to higher than normal exhaust manifold pressures and the turbo spooling higher than it should.

If the egr pressure sensor is reading incorrectly (the one you put a '?' around in the pic above .. then this can cause the same type of symptoms.

here is some somewhat related info that may help ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid22458

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-10-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
(07-09-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  When you said exh press was 160 what units was this in? Psi/kpa/inhg?

Also maybe if pressure possibly spiking was actuator installed on turbo correctly and calibrated? If the turbos arm for the vg ring wasn't in right spot or both install and installed calibrations weren't done right it can cause issues

The pressure is not spiking. It stays at 160-162inhg. The actuator passed the installation and calibration. Will be posible for the turbo arm to move during the installation and the calibration to pass?
replyreply
If the arm wasn't in right spot the actuator can still pass calibration

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Maybe I missed it, but what problems/symptoms led to the turbo replacement? Perhaps the turbo wasn't the source of the problem? Or as Lonestar10 suggested maybe the turbo install wasn't done right.

(06-28-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 )DannyA Wrote:  ... Fault code 2973. ...

2973 = imap sensor signal is intermittent.

That is more likely to be a wiring issue than anything else. Maybe your engine wiring harness grounds, alternator, etc.. has some problems of you replaced the sensor and this code came back. - would explain a lot of things including turbo and other systems acting up.

Did you ever look in to the wiring? Start at the sensor, check the contacts in the plug then work your way back down the wiring harness looking for any damage. Check your battery ground points. Run through the wires all the way back to the batteries. You can also pull up a wiring diagram online in quickserve and see what else is connected to that same wires and ground path as the imap sensor. Could be something else on the same lines interfering with the data signal.

(06-26-2020 )DannyA Wrote:  I have a 2013 Volvo Cummins IS 2250. I just replaced the turbo but the turbo actuator measured is only 84% when I performed the forced park regen ... Also why a new cummins reman turbo will be at only 84%?

FYI, 84% measured for the turbo during a parked regen sounds fine to me, it's about where mine used to sit during the many parked regen's i did in the past. This number isn't a measurement of how the turbo is performing, just the position it's being instructed/measured to operate at by the ECM.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.