CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps
07-08-2020, (Subject: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps ) 
CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps
Hello,
I bought my truck a year and half ago and have been fighting high coolant and oil temps
Truck was De-Mandated when I bought it so I have no idea who did it as well as the quality.
Everything I have read I think it was an "OK" job just based on oil staying clean for 6,500+ miles.
Since buying the truck I have replaced termostat, had radiator and cAc cleaned out, kept air,fuel,oil filters all replaced regular and dont go more than 250-300hr or 10,000miles on services. After talking with my mechanic it seems maybe the file is "HOT" and causing my temp issues. Normal driving conditions empty (33,000lbs) coolant will go from 180 to 210 from a stop to highway speeds and oil temps I have seen as high as 252 degrees on hard pulls. I kick my fan on at 190 just to get a head start on tryin to keep it cool. Both coolant and oil seem to be boost related and am fully aware of the vgt turbo, but driving in the mid west with mountains I dont want to loose my Jake brakes. I have talked to a few different tuners and all have said that they can not look at my file just replace it for $2000.00. Dont want to spend that much if the file I have is fine. Is there anyone that can look at it remotely? I can get the equipment I need to do that if so. Or any other info would be awsome. This is my only truck and my only way of making money. Im not trying to make the biggest hp on the road I just want what I have to last.
replyreply
RE: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps
Anyone check the cans to see if they were actually hollowed out? And you need to get that tune off of there before you are having to rebuild it. You will need an Inline reader, a copy of Insite and a copy of C@lt#rm along with team viewer. Or, if you can find a shop to pull the file and put it on a thumb drive you could email it to Rawze.
replyreply
Or, if you are near Atlanta, take it to Mr Hagg and let him fix it properly. Honestly, that is your best option. Get a load to Atlanta.
replyreply
Yes truck is straight piped turbo back. I did pull the muffler off as well to see if it helped lower temps and imo only made a very slight difference. Not enough to stop chasing the root issue. "File" related??
replyreply
More than likely the tune, the injection timing or SOI is more than likely off the charts to the point of destroying the motor, it seems that is the new thing with these butcher shops. And I am sure it is stuck in high altitude mode too along with a number of other "issues". Where are you located and can you get your hands on the reader and software? Or maybe you are near someone that can help?

Read through this, I am sure it will help making a decision on your next step. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1558
replyreply
I am in Wyoming. I bought the truck from a guy in North Dakota and that was where the work was done I'm sure. After reading that article I believe that it is a bad De-Mandate. Egr left on but blocked off, oil stays clean only 6500 miles or so, turbo boost 42psi ect.. As mentioned before I do not want to get rid of my vgt turbo and that has been recommended numerous times now and I will be staying a way from those people. I have since removed the egr but need need add the coolant tube and that is gonna happen in the next few days. I need a tuner that takes pride in there work and can help me remotely. I have access to the things I need for the remote tuning so any suggestions. I tried calling mr. hang in GA but time difference they are closed so not sure if he can. Anyone else that you could recommend?
replyreply
See if you can PM Unilever or Mommaburt, they can work remotely, they are out of Canada. And it is a abad tune if it was done up there, there are a couple of shops I know of, and they specialize in destroying ISX motors.
replyreply
I pm'd you
replyreply
(07-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  And it is a abad tune if it was done up there, there are a couple of shops I know of, and they specialize in destroying ISX motors.

They should put that on their business cards "We specialize is destroying ISX engines!!!". ugg, now I'm envisioning a bad late night tv commercial, like a used car dealer...

Quote:Do you hate the EPA? we do too! Got too much money? No problem, we can help to empty that wallet! push, pull, or drag your rig down here and we'll shine that turd up so bright you'll need sunglasses at night. But wait, we'll even throw is completely unnecessary parts for an outrageously inflated price so you can feel like you got some special treatment. And remember, when it breaks it's your fault, not ours, but we'll be more than happy to throw more parts at it!

To the OP, you've found the right place. With a little help and a vast collection of information to reference you'll be able to get that engine fixed up.

BTW, you said it's a 2250, have you looked in to the fuel pump yet? They are a very serious issue if ignored. Do a search on the main page for '2250 fuel pump'. There's also some good videos on youtube.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.