CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps
07-11-2020, (Subject: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps ) 
RE: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps
The connection on the engine is dedicated to the engine itself. The connector in the dash interacts with everything on the truck, ABS, HVAC, transmission control modules, along with many others that can be accessed through it. Many will program directly through the dedicated connection at the engine to eliminate any outside interference from the other modules that are connected to the dash plug. 99% of the time, programming through the dash plug will work but that 1% it doesn't, can cause you some issues that may be a pain in the azz.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DVT873 , Rawze
07-11-2020, (Subject: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps ) 
99% of the time, programming through the dash plug will work but that 1% it doesn't, can cause you some issues that may be a pain in the azz.
[/quote]
Over the years I have had a few programming failures with Navistar engine and body computers. It is a major PIA. AFIK none were caused by me. Had a batch of muny trucks a few years back where there was file corruption on the factory side. Updates temporarily bricked s few ECM's. NAV does not have a dedicated connector like Cummins does. The "Super Correct" process is to bench program. Given where they put the ECM that is also a major PIA. Next best is to find the 5 amp fuse between the Ign switch and the ECM. Remove the fuse and plug in a fused switch sourced from B+. This lets me program without using the key. The other modules stay asleep. I do look for ELD's. Most I see are easy find as they connect at the 9 pin.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
07-15-2020, (Subject: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps ) 
another cookie-cutter bad delete file... looks like it came straight off one of those horrible auto-tuning forums. here is the trouble with it..

* missing all engine mode control logic. - enigne is trying to choke the exhaust all the time to warm up SCR canister and make heat to get it hot, but it can no longer see the element. this means it is going to run around all day maiking excess boost and heat in exhaust and can never be satisfied, eventually causing this engine to crack the head or piston or melt the turbo out of it.

* To add insult to injury --- The injection timing is more than 10+ degrees BTDC. Most tables have also been advanced +5 degrees or more, causing harmful detonation and excess cylinder heat absorption, leading to high oil temps all the time. - The CM2250 can barely handle 5 or 6 degrees at lower HP settings,.. but with 600+ HP and 2100 ft-lbs torque, this thing is destined to destroy itself.

* file identifies as 500HP, 1650 torque when looking at it with Insite ... but it is actually set to try to make no less than 612HP, 2108 torque. (600,2050 in mach trq tables + on-time tables jacked up).

* injector tables have been jacked up, adding hp without the ecm knowing about it and throwing all fuel mileage calculations out of whack. This also makes the ecm lie to the dash of the vehicle and say it has better fuel mileage that it actually has.

* more than a dozen fault codes blocked from showing up in the dash due to an incomplete delete process. this makes it very hard to troubleshoot problems when the ecm cannot show what is wrong with the engine properly.

-- the list of other problems like incomplete egr settings only half-way shut off,.. and a lot of other issues are present too.

-- THIS WILL CERTIANLY cause some severe high oil temps all the time + possibly high rad temps,.. high egt's and turbo fighting itself all the time, overspooling (but ecm is blocked from reporting it), and all sorts of other issues.

== Welcome to the bad delete club! -- I hate to see it, yet again!

this tune is just bad enough that --- he should be worried that damage has not already been done in that thing!. its days may be numbered at this point if it has been driven very long with this terrible, over-powered, overheating, excess inj.timing tune in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-15-2020, (Subject: CM2250 HIGH coolant and oil Temps ) 
Thank you Rawze, and Unilever, for helping us out with this! I need to get back down there and get some training... LOL!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.