Water pump
07-10-2020, (Subject: Water pump ) 
Water pump
I’m changing out my coolant. The original water pump has over 1,000,000 miles on it. It’s not leaking. Should I change it anyway? I’m getting an OTR from Fleetpride. Any thoughts on those? Thanks.
replyreply
RE: Water pump
I would go OEM on that... I have had a few OTR parts that weren't quite up to snuff... Hit and miss on quality.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , t700
Whats the typical life expectancy of a water pump? A guy I knew locally had one seize up on him, took out the engine. Don't want to end up being that guy...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I've had to grind down the impeller on an aftermarket ISX water pump to stop it scraping in the housing. They're just built to a price.

ISX water pumps usually start leaking out of their weep hole or the bearings collapse and get quite noisey. I've never heard of one seizing up.

Cummins will sell you a brand new water pump cartridge and oring. Very simple to replace.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Mrkentee

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.