Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-12-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
Normally I go to TA as stated due to cost comparison. As for greasing, I really have no clue what's supposed to be greased. Sure I see a bunch of spots, but it would be nice to find some kind of check list so I don't overlook something critical. I know I've caught other mechanics missing obvious ones on my truck before, and they should know all the points.

As I said, main reason for doing it myself this time is to drop the pan. SeemsAs for coolant leaking around the liners, well, I'm already gearing up for an inframe as I'm going through a gallon of oil every 3,000 miles. Once I have the money allocated I'll be pulling the trigger on that.

Any other tools or such, other then the basic wrenches, that might come in handy for any of the other items listed? I'd like to have everything I need on hand so I can knock it all out in one shot. Even makeshift homemade devices are welcome!

Suggestions on particular grease to use? TA's been pumping some redish stuff in there, not exactly sure of the product or brand. Just don't want to mix incompatible stuff together by accident. Also, suggestions on grease guns? I'v got a cheap one from harbor freight, not too fond of it. Wouldn't mind getting one or two new ones.

I like tools, have a really nice collection growing. Besides a growing assortment of automotive tools, I have a large collection of wood working tools. Have an entire 12x20' shed dedicated to my wood working equipment. Recently started picking up a few metal working tools too. The wife runs away screaming whenever I mention going to Lowes or Harbor Freight.

Any other suggestions/tips for the springs? One person I spoke to mentioned using a C-Clamp for something, but I'm not quite sure what he was talking about. Been looking for some videos on this topic but only found one so far. Seems pretty straight forward, but not something I want to screw up with and get hurt in the process.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - JimT - 07-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.