Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-14-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
I do my own oil changes and greasing. I recently bought a 55g drum of oil from the local distributor (saves a buck per gallon over walmart) can buy grease from them as well significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Drop my oil into a galvanized washtub (20gallon?) Then dump in used steel 55g drums to be burned in a waste oil heater (that i haven't built yet). Always prefill filters, not doing so increases the risk of collapse and well not filling fuel filters makes priming a damn nightmare. Also the amnt of time it takes to fill an oil filter once started is time ur bearings are not getting sufficient lubrication. Imagine other activities if u didnt have any lubrication to start the process, ouch... it usually takes me about an hr depending on how many ac/beer breaks i take in between. Having a drum and all that at home makes changing the pickups oil a quicker task too. As for dropping the oil filter id suggest a punch to the bottom and wait a few minutes while u replace the fuel filters. Drop it and enjoy a mess free project. My spin on fuel filter makes a bigger mess than the oil filter most of the time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - smorgan87 - 07-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.