Prostar headlight problem
07-16-2020, (Subject: Prostar headlight problem ) 
Prostar headlight problem
Good morning group, I have a 09 Prostar and my right headlight doesn't come on when I start the truck or turn the lights on. If I move the plug at the body controller it comes on.plug and controller look like this      
I found frayed wire at the harness, fixed it but still have to wiggle the plug.
replyreply
RE: Prostar headlight problem
Have you checked the harness under the hood, it is around a foot or so long, hooks into the cab harness near the radiator, and feeds directly to your headlamps. This will eventually fail with age and give you the symptom you describe, at least mine did. There is one for the left and right side, two different part numbers. I would remove those both and inspect, I bet you will find some toasty connections in one of them, or both.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(07-16-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Have you checked the harness under the hood, it is around a foot or so long, hooks into the cab harness near the radiator, and feeds directly to your headlamps. This will eventually fail with age and give you the symptom you describe, at least mine did. There is one for the left and right side, two different part numbers. I would remove those both and inspect, I bet you will find some toasty connections in one of them, or both.
Thats where i found the frayed wire, but was thinking the connector would have something to do with it since the light comes on after moving it. Almost to say its not getting a good connection at the controller
replyreply
If the wire was frayed in the harness, I would expect to see this at the plug, best option is to repair the wire or replace the harness. Personally, if it is that short harness where the wire is frayed, I would replace both harnesses. I played around with mine for a bit, finally gave up and replaced both, no issues since.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimE
If that plug overheated at the body controller you'll have to depin it and tighten the spade connector again. The heat will have caused it to stretch a bit.
replyreply
(07-16-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  If the wire was frayed in the harness, I would expect to see this at the plug, best option is to repair the wire or replace the harness. Personally, if it is that short harness where the wire is frayed, I would replace both harnesses. I played around with mine for a bit, finally gave up and replaced both, no issues since.

Thanks, will try it
replyreply
(07-16-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  If that plug overheated at the body controller you'll have to depin it and tighten the spade connector again. The heat will have caused it to stretch a bit.
Thanks, will get to it.
Appreciate the response
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.