Enlarging holes in frame
07-16-2020, (Subject: Enlarging holes in frame ) 
Enlarging holes in frame
I'm hooking up my front brakes and replacing all the air lines

There's a bulkhead fitting going through the frame that I can't find a direct replacement for. The hole is 3/4" and the frame is 3/4" thick (double frame)

Would it be stupid to drill it out to 1"? Or, is there a fitting that can go through a 3/4" hole that has 3/8" fittings on both ends?

I went down to the Parker store today and they were no help
replyreply
07-17-2020, (Subject: Enlarging holes in frame ) 
RE: Enlarging holes in frame
Try here at 4 State Trucks.com Sku # 09-0508905 $9.00
replyreply
That one's not long enough to go all the way though the frame and get the nut on

The closest thing I've found is a Tramec Sloan 55661

The only issue I see with that is the internal threads are 1/4". All the other fittings and hoses going to the front chambers are 3/8". I don't know if adding that choke point would make that much of a different or not
replyreply
I don't know if you'll find exactly what your looking for. You may have to adapt to the size line your running. But search "bulkhead fittings" thats the type of fitting that your showing in the picture you posted.

**edit**

I didn't see the OP had called it a bulkhead fitting in his original post. I'll leave my original post for a redundancy. But I did find what us called a "thru hull" fitting. That may be long enough but doesn't come with threads inside. You can easily get what ever NPT (national pipe thread) tap size you need and cut threads and adapter reduce it down to what you need.
replyreply
Did you happen to call the dealer?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
07-18-2020, (Subject: Enlarging holes in frame ) 
I didn't call the dealer. The original part had flare fittings on both ends. I'm switching to hoses with different ends

What I ended up doing is getting a 3/8" x 1-1/2" pipe (parker calls it a long nipple) to go through the hole and then put elbows on either side. It's somewhat loose in the hole so I need to tighten it up somehow. I think stacking some washers under the fittings should work
replyreply
Without being able to tighten it down, any movement will saw through brass in no time. It'd be really hard to get the right amount of washers and have pipe thread fittings get it tight enough. Just my thoughts. I'd rather ream out the hole 1/4" and use the bulkhead fitting if it's all you can find.
replyreply
Or buy the Die for the threads you have and continue the threads on the nipple you bought. More than likely if you bought a pipe long nipple its most likely NPT threads.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.