X15 questions
08-01-2020, (Subject: X15 questions ) 
X15 questions
What is the normal operating water temp and oil temp of an X15 performance?
replyreply
RE: X15 questions
should roughly be the same as a CM2350 ISX... 185 water temp,.. below 230 oil under normal operations.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Mine seems to be around 185 coolant and 225 oil when cruising and on my truck the oil temp has gotten up to 248 during a long pull up cabbage on a stock file.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kiroisx
My water is around 190 and oil hovers 230 on flat ground. Pull a few small hills and water bangs up to 210 kicking the fan on constantly, and oil climbs to 240. If I put my foot and hold it, it will keep climbing, this is stock file also. I guess it’s normal if your truck climbs that high as well marek. I don’t like the oil getting that hot.

My old 2350 didn’t perform this way, but it had the @m*m^2 file, does that matter?
replyreply
I think it's 2nd nature for the temps on an x15 to jump quickly or run hotter in general, just like the low oil pressure due to the pumps, If I'm not mistaken they put a higher temp oil thermostat and I think a screen too according to the quickserve diagram on the oil cooler but I'm not 100% on that. I saw a TSB as well mentionioning they changed the the coolant thermostat seal from brass to steel as well. One of those side effects could be the higher temp is causing the coolant to pressurize a touch more causing your overflow tank to fill up every now and then regardless of engine or truck.
replyreply
my 16 cm2350 runs 180ish water and 210 oil flat running, used to run 180 and 220 but ever since i blew all my antifreeze out on the interstate and refilled and added DCA4 its been at the 210. with 40PSI oil pressure

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
09-16-2020, (Subject: X15 questions ) 
So I’ve had this truck for 90 days, and I felt that it’s not normal since I bought it. People with an X15 please tell me your truck is the same.

This is how it goes, normal driving, normal conditions...

Pulling a long grade on the east coast, or pulling the slightest grade or accelerating in the west coast desert.

replyreply
Seems a bit high to me but I am only speculating here ... Older model engines, unusually high oil temps would be a sign of something wrong in the combustion chamber (bad delete or other issue like incorrect program, a bad sensor that is throwing things off, slipped cam, etc.), something causing excess friction, or the turbo overheating for some various reason (leak in CAC, clogged intake filter or clogged exhaust, over-spooling, etc.). A bad/leaky oil thermostat or higher than normal coolant temps can do it too.

Not sure about the X15, but the CM2350, 2250, 871,870, etc... it is considered high if it gets into the 230+F range unless the engine is just being lugged at 100% throttle up some big mountain somewhere under heavy loads. It is considered excessive if it is in the 240+F or higher range.

That is just my opinion though ... some claim the oil temps run higher for the X15 in general, though I am still somewhat skeptical.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
Mine logged a couple Counts above 250 in the abuse history. Not sure if the driver was lugging it badly on a hot day or what ?? Truck doesn't have an oil temp gauge in the dash so there is no way to monitor it without insite. I would like to install a gauge but not real sure where the best place for the sensor would be so it hasn't happened yet.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.