NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER
08-04-2020, (Subject: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER ) 
NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER
I have a 2010 CM871 650HP with 83k on the odometer (yep it's a motor coach), demanned, I've only put 20k on it since purchase and only 3k on the deman. When I bought it, first thing I noticed was the Filter Minder was in the red, so first thing I did was replace the air filter. With a brand new filter, it still jumped into the red. I replaced the filter again, SAME THING. Is this 650 beast sucking so much air it doesn't have enough filter surface. Did a little research and as far I can tell I have the largest filter available. Anyone else having this problem? I think at this point, I'm looking at adding another filter to the mix. Gonna be tough tho, not much space in there.
replyreply
RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER
I wouldn't put much faith in that filter gauge your talking about. Does the engine smoke a lot? That would be a sign it's not getting enough air. Who de mandated it for you?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
No smoke at all. I did it myself, but this was goin on way before the demann. I just ordered a new Filter Minder too
replyreply
How did you do it yourself? Did you use @m*m^2 ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
he needs to pull a copy of the program out of it and have it looked at ... e-mail it to me for a proper review ... to ensure it is safe for the engine ... especially in an RV application where those engines tend to run slightly hotter due to confined spaces.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Like said if the filter isn't dirty I wouldn't replace it. Do the old knock it on the ground and see what falls out test. Would think a motorhome would breathe clean air for the most part.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
08-10-2020, (Subject: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER ) 
Can you tell us what filter or housing you're putting on? Maybe incorrect part application?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.