Stranded - need knock sensor
08-09-2020, (Subject: Stranded - need knock sensor ) 
RE: Stranded - need knock sensor
Do the inspections yourself and setup a laptop with Cummins software. This site is full of information on both topics.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
(08-09-2020 )Marq123 Wrote:  ,...
did a 1.5hr forced regen.

If it took 1.5 hours to do a regen, the system is screwed up royally!... It will only be a month or less and you will be in the same boat all over again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That DPF was majorly clogged up. That outlet NOx sensor must have been bad for a while if it inhibited regens. You're lucky you didn't need to drop the cans and have them cleaned. Keep a close eye on the regen history, it might be giving you a lot more problems. Most likely the NOx sensor was NOT the main problem, just the part that tipped the scale.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
08-23-2020, (Subject: Stranded - need knock sensor ) 
(08-09-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-09-2020 )Marq123 Wrote:  ,...
did a 1.5hr forced regen.

If it took 1.5 hours to do a regen, the system is screwed up royally!... It will only be a month or less and you will be in the same boat all over again.

Is it possible just to disconnect speed sensor and get to the nearest shop or dealer to replace that NOX? Ive had same issue but with Def fluid quality. Turned off truck, disconnect speed sensor, drove to the place were I could change Def. It could be several things but once changed Def fluid it went to normal.
replyreply
08-23-2020, (Subject: Stranded - need knock sensor ) 
Forgot to mention that it was also in derate and limited to 5mph. And after all regen.
replyreply
08-24-2020, (Subject: Stranded - need knock sensor ) 
(08-23-2020 )srsttrans Wrote:  Forgot to mention that it was also in derate and limited to 5mph. And after all regen.

If I owned that truck and it tried to derate me like that, I would have pulled the program out of the ecm and disable all those dammned derates and shutdowns the day I purchased it. That way I could at least drive it home so I could fix it myself and not be at the mercy of it all.

-- I refuse to own a piece of equipment that tell me i cannot drive it for some gawd-aweful stupid s$it like that!. All it takes is an adapter and a laptop .. the SoftWre needed to pull the file out of the ecm w instructions is all oiver the internet for free if you look in the right places.

(the beer is talkin').

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.