Vibration under acceleration
08-07-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
Vibration under acceleration
Hi all i would appreciate any feedback regarding my problem, i have a 2013 glider 389 pete powered by cat 6nz with 560k miles. Im second owner of this truck and since i got it i have a vibration kind of shudder feeling under heave acceleration, specifically i feel the most when im fully loaded uphill, boost its within specs (28-30psi) when i let off the accelerate vibration goes away and becomes smooth, my rears drive line truck height and all that its inspected and all checks out ok did an injector cut out test and they all sound the same. When im stopped clutch engaged and rev the engine to 1300-1500 rpm have some light vibration compare to the one loaded. I read almost every post related to my problem, and in one of them rawze with unilivers were thinking that a low crank engle might cause this problem, im not a mechanic and dont understand much but im doing a lot of research trying to get this problem solved, their description fits my problem. my engine is tuned up 6 years ago by Pittsburgh power.i got a 550hp tune on it, they were both saying to back off map timming by 2-3 degree and the problem will be solved, why 2-3 degree?? this monday i have an appointment with a diesel injector shop which got a good reputation. Before taking my truck there i want to know as much as possible so that way i know what to talk to those guys up there and also make sure that they will not lean my problem to drive tires and get away with it ;) any experience any ideas is highly appreciated...
replyreply
RE: Vibration under acceleration
your problem is you let Pitts power tune your truck. You'll probably disagree but everyone on this forum is gonna tell you your tune is bad. And I would bet your problem is in that program somewhere. Don't bother taking it back to them because they don't know how to fix it, trust me on that. Put the stock file back in it and see if the problem goes away

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cat6nz , Waterloo , Volvo8873
(08-07-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  your problem is you let Pitts power tune your truck. You'll probably disagree but everyone on this forum is gonna tell you your tune is bad. And I would bet your problem is in that program somewhere. Don't bother taking it back to them because they don't know how to fix it, trust me on that. Put the stock file back in it and see if the problem goes away
To be honest with you i dont even know them the first owner did this when they built the truck, im the one who is trying to make that thing work right.
replyreply
take it to the nearest stealers$it and put the correct programming and correct injector trim codes back in it and see if the issue goes away... stop chasing ghosts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cat6nz , Pd6cas2 , Waterloo , schISM
(08-07-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  take it to the nearest stealers$it and put the correct programming and correct injector trim codes back in it and see if the issue goes away... stop chasing ghosts.

Thats the mission of this monday, will keep this post updated, i know that my fuel is bumped up but thats all i know, whats the right trim code and program for healthy cat 6nz
replyreply
I called the shop where i was supposed to take it Monday they said you have to bring it to oem file and if still something wrong we can take a look at it, right after i call cat dealership they said we can flash it but if that ecm does not take the new file you have to buy a new ecm. That sound fishy to me, is that right? Something like that possible? Thnks
replyreply
it means the ECM has aftermarket trash in it and it could have corrupted the computer cause it not to accept a new tune.

is this true? no but that will be their excuse if the ecm corrupts while their putting in a new file so that they have no liability.

is the computer likely to be corrupted by the flash? no but it can happen.

basically cat is just trying to skirt any liability if something goes wrong with the ECM even if they actualy cause any problem that happens.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cat6nz
I wouldn’t even take it there. Get ahold of mommaburt and go from there. It will survive till he can fix it.
replyreply
(08-07-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  it means the ECM has aftermarket trash in it and it could have corrupted the computer cause it not to accept a new tune.

is this true? no but that will be their excuse if the ecm corrupts while their putting in a new file so that they have no liability.

is the computer likely to be corrupted by the flash? no but it can happen.

basically cat is just trying to skirt any liability if something goes wrong with the ECM even if they actualy cause any problem that happens.

You absolutely right and i cant blame them, cause im not the one who did this tune with pitts power i dont even know if the file its aftermarket or it is a 550 oem file, confused and dont know what routine to take, dont want end up buying a new ecm :(
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.