Isx fan
08-08-2020, (Subject: Isx fan ) 
Isx fan
I’m looking at a 09 388 Pete with isx . When I first started the fan was on understandable low air but at what point dose it shut off. I ran truck for a while and it was on the whole time no a/c on or defrost. Temp came up 150-160 it seemed to stay on the whole time. I know when it go’s bad it locks. Is this normal. New to Cummins. Thanks.
replyreply
08-08-2020, (Subject: Isx fan ) 
RE: Isx fan
could be rusted shut... happens when truck sits for a while, is common.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid37235

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-09-2020, (Subject: Isx fan ) 
Can be a variety of things but none of them would be a deal breaker if the rest of the truck impresses you.

Most of time it's an AC pressure switch, bad fan solenoid or rust as Rawze said.
replyreply
Thanks I didn’t know if it staying on was a normal thing I’m assuming after air pressure is up it should be off. When cold start up with nothing ac related is on.
replyreply
at 90 PSI the fan should shutoff unless the clutch is rusty and stuck or its being commanded on by either AC/Coolant Temp/Charge Air Temp/manual fan switch

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.