bought a 2017 kw w900l
08-12-2020, (Subject: bought a 2017 kw w900l ) 
RE: bought a 2017 kw w900l
(08-11-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 )cheepjeep85 Wrote:  ... If i'm going to do a full demandate, then i really don't want to spend the money on a egr tune up.

u need to replace sensors and clean out piping anyways.. even if u de-mandate it, those sensors will make engine run not nearly as well... those sensors like the imap, exhaust gas pres sensors and a few others are used to make the engine run right and are all still needed even with de-mandate for engine to run right and be efficient. Engine needs to know what proper boost levels and exh. gas levels, etc.. are to run properly, de-mandate or not!.

I.E.> don't be a cheap-scate.
It's not a matter of being a cheapskate, it's a matter of not knowing the engine still needs those sensors. I'll clean everything up and replace them. I should get my truck in a couple days then i'm going to get to work on it. Lots to do, i still have to clean up/out my daycab and hopefully i can get it sold soon which will free up a significant amount of funds for my new truck. Thanks for letting me know about the sensors. If by chance a full (egr & dpf) de-mandate is done is it wise to put blocking plates in the egr? will said sensors still be able to get the readings they need?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: bought a 2017 kw w900l - cheepjeep85 - 08-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.