ECM
08-20-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
ECM
I got a replacment isx installed (used engine) runs great but when I plug into I have no force regen option ? Has anyone ever had that or know why this could be?
replyreply
08-20-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
RE: ECM
Wiring harness? Did you reuse your old harness or did one come on the motor that was used instead? Or, you have the wrong files on the new ECM, or did you reuse your old ECM? Do you know what programing is on the ECM? I would say ECM programing or harness issue. You can't install a motor out of a Volvo product into a PACCAR product without some tweaking. Assuming that is what was done?

More info please. Motor? ECM, new or old? Delete? Harness, new or old? Could be a few things...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
08-21-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
(08-20-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  I got a replacment isx installed (used engine) runs great but when I plug into I have no force regen option ? Has anyone ever had that or know why this could be?

Make sure the correct software for your engine and truck has been installed. - Used engines can easily have VERY different software requirements.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
What engine model? What program are you hooking in to it with? Which version?

The SP5 update for Insite 7.6 had updates for certain model engines and a lot of the updates had to do with emissions system testing.
replyreply
It has the same ECM that was on the engine when purchased, we did not interchange anything
replyreply
(08-21-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  It has the same ECM that was on the engine when purchased, we did not interchange anything

that could be harmless ... or it coukd be very bad. Did the people swapping the engine even consider what the software and other things are going to be needed??-- sounds so far like maybe a bunch of clueless clowns may have done this job.

What make/model/year truck? Vin#?
What is the original engine ser3? ESN#?
What is the replacement engine ser# ESN#?
What does Insite say that the program is in it currently? .. Calibration phase ??????.?? -- what does it show?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-23-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
(08-20-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Wiring harness? Did you reuse your old harness or did one come on the motor that was used instead? Or, you have the wrong files on the new ECM, or did you reuse your old ECM? Do you know what programing is on the ECM? I would say ECM programing or harness issue. You can't install a motor out of a Volvo product into a PACCAR product without some tweaking. Assuming that is what was done?

More info please. Motor? ECM, new or old? Delete? Harness, new or old? Could be a few things...

from what i understand nothing was changed , came with the harness and everything , it dies not seem to be blocked off anyplace to be deleted
replyreply
(08-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  It has the same ECM that was on the engine when purchased, we did not interchange anything

that could be harmless ... or it coukd be very bad. Did the people swapping the engine even consider what the software and other things are going to be needed??-- sounds so far like maybe a bunch of clueless clowns may have done this job.

What make/model/year truck? Vin#?
What is the original engine ser3? ESN#?
What does Insite say that the program is in it currently? .. Calibration phase ??????.?? -- what does it show?

Model is a 2012 pete had a cm2250 and now its cm2250 20/10 isx3 sw version 04993120
replyreply
(08-23-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  Model is a 2012 pete had a cm2250 and now its cm2250 20/10 isx3 sw version 04993120

eh? -- I can't provide any advice on if the programming is correct for your truck if you don't answer the questions properly. I don't have psychic powers.

What make/model/year truck? ...

Vin#? ... (the whole vin#)

What is the original engine serial number? ESN#?

What does Insite say that the program is in it currently? .. I.E. Calibration phase CL?????.?? -- what does it show?

Is it factory programming? or is it deleted programming?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.