What oil and filters for cm2250?
07-20-2016, (Subject: What oil and filters for cm2250? ) 
What oil and filters for cm2250?
What oil and filters are you guys running on isx motors? Is it all preference or is there proven facts which filter and oil is better?
replyreply
RE: What oil and filters for cm2250?
I run Fleetguard filters (Oil, fuel, coolant) and Rotella 15w-40 with a half gallon of Mobil One gear oil 75w-90. A lot of it is personal preference and cost.

I prefer to use Fleetguard filters because that is what came on the engine from the factory. Some people on here use baldwin or donaldson filters, but I have no information on them.

However, there is a difference in oil and far as what lubricating properties are in the oil.

This is a good read. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=109

I guess Shell Rotella and Chevron Delo are the oils you want to use in an ISX. They have more zinc which ISX's crave.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
Yeah that's what I run, rotella and fleetguard filters. I'm gonna have to try out that gear lube next oil change. See how the engine does.
replyreply
I run wix filters. well actually I run te napa version of them and I use the XD or XE ones. I think maybe the XD for the isx and my cat takes the XE. they are extended life filters with a better micron rating then the fleet guards.

I spent alot of time comparing wix, donaldson ,baldwin and fleet but the wix is XD is superior to the fleet and cheaper. Napa has a huge filter sale once or twice a year and I stock up like crazy for like $30 a filter opposed to 80 at international or 60 at cummins.

If your running a bypass filter then it doesn't matter, you could run a tampon and still do good.

My 2nd choice was donaldson blue. price was the only sway decision between these 2....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
So Napa wix filters are better than fleetguard?
replyreply
wix makes the filters but they rebrand them fir the napa store. if you look on the wix and napa websites they even show the wix and napa ones being the exact same filter.

And yes they are, better micron rating, made with synthetic fibers etc. The donaldson blues are just as good.

People like the oem because they are safe and they are told to like it by cummins..... But we're not comparing fleet to a cheap lubrifiner filter that'll fall apart.

If you compare the fleetguard with a normal wix filter or a normal donaldson then maybe the fleetguard is better but I use synthetic high quality filters and buy them on sale so they are cheaper.... shi#t I can get the napa version of a normal wix filter on sale for 13 bucks a filter if I wanted too.

Of course this is all just my opinion, others will probably have different ones.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I looked up those xd filters. They're $75
replyreply
(07-20-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  I looked up those xd filters. They're $75

Like I said, I only buy them when they have their big filter sale.

replyreply
Here is a fantastic link for oil... http://www.pqiamerica.com/June%202014/co...02015.html

Myself, I'm sticking with my Fleetguard filters, the newest out there, which just replaced the LF9080 for the ISX is the FL14000nn. The fuel filter is the FF2200, and the Davco 50 Micron filter FS19729. I have the 2008 CM871 in a ProStar. I don't recall the coolant filter, which is a blank cartridge.

As far as oil, I have been using Shell Rotella T 15W-40 conventional for quite a along time, but come the end of this year Shell is changing the formula yet again. So, I have decided to switch brands, going over to
Delo 400 LE 15W-40 Conventional.

From what I can figure, and having talked to a Delo rep, the 400 LE should be just fine with no plans to discontinue it or make any major changes anytime soon. One thing I like in regards to the 400 LE is the additive package, higher moly count than Rotella T, and it will not be changing any time soon according to the rep. Rawze has commented on the Delo 400 LE in the past, and had good words to say about it. I'm going Delo.

If you service your own truck, which I am going to start doing, the Delo 400 LE 15W-40 can be had at Walmart for $12.57 a gallon, or $28.49 for the 2.5 gallon jug. Grease, I am going with the Delo ESI grease.
Mobil 75W-90 synthetic in the gear boxes and transmission.

Hope this helps. And this is JUST MY OPINION! I know how these threads can go! LOL!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.