What oil and filters for cm2250?
07-20-2016, (Subject: What oil and filters for cm2250? ) 
RE: What oil and filters for cm2250?
(07-20-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Here is a fantastic link for oil... http://www.pqiamerica.com/June%202014/co...02015.html

Myself, I'm sticking with my Fleetguard filters, the newest out there, which just replaced the LF9080 for the ISX is the FL14000nn. The fuel filter is the FF2200, and the Davco 50 Micron filter FS19729. I have the 2008 CM871 in a ProStar. I don't recall the coolant filter, which is a blank cartridge.

As far as oil, I have been using Shell Rotella T 15W-40 conventional for quite a along time, but come the end of this year Shell is changing the formula yet again. So, I have decided to switch brands, going over to
Delo 400 LE 15W-40 Conventional.

From what I can figure, and having talked to a Delo rep, the 400 LE should be just fine with no plans to discontinue it or make any major changes anytime soon. One thing I like in regards to the 400 LE is the additive package, higher moly count than Rotella T, and it will not be changing any time soon according to the rep. Rawze has commented on the Delo 400 LE in the past, and had good words to say about it. I'm going Delo.

If you service your own truck, which I am going to start doing, the Delo 400 LE 15W-40 can be had at Walmart for $12.57 a gallon, or $28.49 for the 2.5 gallon jug. Grease, I am going with the Delo ESI grease.
Mobil 75W-90 synthetic in the gear boxes and transmission.

Hope this helps. And this is JUST MY OPINION! I know how these threads can go! LOL!!!

That's the same oil I switched too as well. It's a good oil at a great price. I can get a barrel for 650 bucks opposed to the 1350 I've been paying for my synthetic! of course my numbers are canadian funny money.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(07-20-2016 )Brock Wrote:  That's the same oil I switched too as well. It's a good oil at a great price. I can get a barrel for 650 bucks opposed to the 1350 I've been paying for my synthetic! of course my numbers are canadian funny money.
Where are you getting the barrels for $650?
By barrel, I'm assuming a 205liter/45gal drum?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-20-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(07-20-2016 )Brock Wrote:  That's the same oil I switched too as well. It's a good oil at a great price. I can get a barrel for 650 bucks opposed to the 1350 I've been paying for my synthetic! of course my numbers are canadian funny money.
Where are you getting the barrels for $650?
By barrel, I'm assuming a 205liter/45gal drum?

Boyle automotive has a truck that'll come and fill you up for $2.99/L. I just get them to fill my old mobil drum for now. winter I'll switch to their 5w40 semi synthetic for $3.99.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I priced bulk around here in the Detroit area... Cheaper to go to Walmart and buy off the shelf. One truck, they ain't interested.
replyreply
(07-20-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I priced bulk around here in the Detroit area... Cheaper to go to Walmart and buy off the shelf. One truck, they ain't interested.

When I first called the local mobil place I was quoted something stupid like 1800 a barrel. I told them that I've done my research and chosen my oil but that doesn't mean they don't need to earn my business. I said it's up to you if you want a lifelong customer or if you'd prefer my loyalty go to shell.

He came back with 1300 ish for the barrel so I opened a cash account so I will always get that same discount.

When in doubt, lie and say you own multiple trucks.

replyreply
(07-20-2016 )Brock Wrote:  
(07-20-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I priced bulk around here in the Detroit area... Cheaper to go to Walmart and buy off the shelf. One truck, they ain't interested.

When I first called the local mobil place I was quoted something stupid like 1800 a barrel. I told them that I've done my research and chosen my oil but that doesn't mean they don't need to earn my business. I said it's up to you if you want a lifelong customer or if you'd prefer my loyalty go to shell.

He came back with 1300 ish for the barrel so I opened a cash account so I will always get that same discount.

When in doubt, lie and say you own multiple trucks.

Delo was $28 a gallon from the distributor, bulk was $1300, $23.64 a gallon bulk! And I had to pick up, they did not deliver with a tanker. I went around with him for a bit, and could get nowhere near $12.50 a gallon, and at that point I gave up. Walmart is it, and I can hit them once a week and pick up a 2.5 gallon jug or two and throw in the garage for oil change time. Walmart is the only supplier in my neck of the woods for the Delo 400 LE with a reasonable price.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.