Installing Solar on the truck...
09-06-2020, (Subject: Installing Solar on the truck... ) 
RE: Installing Solar on the truck...
Got the 2nd panel yesterday, going to get cracking in a few hours, still dark here. Took yesterday off... Was not in the mood.

Right now the plan is to break out the saws and build a base for the new inverter, I am going to suspend that from the underside of the driver side cabinet I built. That will consist of a bottom and two sides, will use wood screws and glue to affix to underside of the cabinet. Building that should only take an hour or so.

Then head up to Home Depot to buy a ladder, they are on sale right now, and I do need one, not only for the truck, but for around the house. One of those Gorilla ladders that break down, 18 foot for $129. I can throw it in the trunk of the car, cannot do that with an extension ladder.

Then we head up to the truck... The panel install is easy, some plastic cardboard under the panels and tape everything down. Crawling around in the interior of the sleeper is the PIA.

I looked at the side box interior, I believe everything will be mounted to the underside of the bunk. The controller, on/off switch and inline fuse. That is the plan as of right now, but could change. Looks to be the best spot as of now. There is very little room in this truck.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing Solar on the truck... - Waterloo - 09-06-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.