CM2250 ECM image down/upload help
09-07-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
CM2250 ECM image down/upload help
I'm trying to get familiar with Calterm and Ensite to work on a new to me truck. I think I found how to pull the cal files from the ECM but going through the process to upload to the ECM I am receiving errors. Anyone one who know and willing to share this knowledge is much appreciated.

Joe
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kubasj05
09-13-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
RE: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help
(09-07-2020 )lando3145 Wrote:  I'm trying to get familiar with Calterm and Ensite to work on a new to me truck. I think I found how to pull the cal files from the ECM but going through the process to upload to the ECM I am receiving errors. Anyone one who know and willing to share this knowledge is much appreciated.

Joe

pm me ill help
replyreply
09-21-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
(09-07-2020 )lando3145 Wrote:  I'm trying to get familiar with Calterm and Ensite to work on a new to me truck. I think I found how to pull the cal files from the ECM but going through the process to upload to the ECM I am receiving errors. Anyone one who know and willing to share this knowledge is much appreciated.

Joe

Looked at his file today after he sent it to me. Typical bad delete just like the ones found being traded around on the auto/truck engine tuning sites.

Basically, it looks like someone dumped in a copied bad deelete out of another truck that is incompatible with his vehicle and changed the data plate info to match. - it is also quite bad, no engine mode control, bad detonation rate control, injection timing at 9+ degrees too high, etc.etc.etc.. and incomplete.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-28-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
I have talked to Rawze and received a bunch of help from a few others on the forum. I have been trying to get my tune where I want it, but I have reached my limit and comfort zone of what I am doing. I've learned alot about all of this and have a whole new appreciation and for these engines and the individuals that understand them. {}
replyreply
09-28-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
(09-28-2020 )lando3145 Wrote:  I have talked to Rawze and received a bunch of help from a few others on the forum. I have been trying to get my tune where I want it, but I have reached my limit and comfort zone of what I am doing. I've learned alot about all of this and have a whole new appreciation and for these engines and the individuals that understand them. I'm looking for someone that will help create the file for me to load in my ECM. Anyone who is willing to help is much appreciated, I do not want the help for free.

here is what needs to happen to start fixing this mess (repost from similar thread) ...

* The bad program needs to be backed up using the Calterm software (and a copy e-mailed to me for a proper inspection/review). this is the only software that can do this correctly. This is also so that any truck specific settings, if they get lost along the way, can be looked at in the old program if needed. This is again, also to establish that u are able to back-up/restore the ecm image yourself properly before wiping out the old program in it.

* The ecm needs to be re-programmed with the original factory program for that make/model truck --- THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM THAT BELONGS TO YOUR TRUCK AND ENGINE needs to go back into the ecm. This can be done with Insite software and the right factory program, or you can simply take the ecm to a stealers$it and have them flash it for that truck and engine that was originally in it, likely for a few hundred bucks. Just use the vin# of the truck and any stealers$it that can bench the ecm can put it back in, make it ready to go. If someone uses a stealers$it to have one re-flashed, take the ecm off the truck to have it done because you will not be able to drive the truck away very far without it derating.

In any event, flashing a clean, up-to-date factory program back into it will get rid of the bad delete program out of the ecm and allow someone to start with a fresh program that has not been molested for that make/model truck.

* After a new program is flashed in with insite ... the engine/ecm needs to be powered up for 10 minutes before doing anything else. Fresh factory programs will reset all the old data, etc. everything in the background and it takes about 8 minutes or so to complete. Because of this, after ecm is flashed back with factory program ... the ecm needs to be put back on the engine and the power applied (turn on key-switch in dash) to the ecm for a minimum of 10 minutes. If it gets fault codes, it will not matter. there is no need to panic or over think it. It just needs power on it with it connected to the engine so it can see things. After that, someone can then go further.

* Next would be to copy the clean factory program out of the ecm so that it can be edited, e-mailed to have done by someone, etc. - Ca%lterm is used to back up this fresh file, just like it was used to back up the bad program.

* e-mail the clean file to have MM properly done to it + any desired power/trq, etc. settings applied.

* Then just put the corrected file back in ( using CT, almost same process as when it was copied out).

Best thing is to pull the program out yourself after it runs on a clean factory program for 10 minutes if ya have a laptop and e-mail it to have it "fixed" ... but if you don't want to tackle that yourself then forum members 'Mr.Hag', or maybe 'running rough' would be the only ppl somewhat trustworthy for some remote help.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BigfootDiesel , Kubasj05 , Pd6cas2
09-29-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
Interesting read for me at least. Don't mean to hijack the thread, I just don't want to create similar thread on the same subject. I'm on the same boat with the exception of bad tune. I'm running stock tune right now on my cm2350 that I'd like to de-mandate as I'm running my newly acquired truck on short often stop and go routes.
I have calterm 4.x and insite 8.5.x, although I'm fairly familiar with Insite I never had a chance to work with calterm software.
Would any of you guys be willing to help with remote tuning this cummins cm2350
My setup is:
2015 Volvo with 2014 mandate
Engine: 400ST 1450/1550tq
CPL: 3937

From the homework I've done so far it looks like this engine family comes out in 3 specs, which are:

1. 400 ST 1450/1650
2. 425 ST 1450/1650
3. 450 ST 1550/1750

Id be interested in doing last 450hp and 1550/1750tq.
Do you guys think it is achievable without compromising engine long-term performance. Truck has 500k on and runs great.
On the side note, friend of mine offered a tune but I'm sceptical as I know guys who used him in the past and after 100-200k were blowing heads and turbos. I'd like to get it done right the first time. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
10-27-2020, (Subject: CM2250 ECM image down/upload help ) 
Update

Talked with quite a few members on here and have learned a lot in a very short amount of time. Finally got the truck where I want it and lets just say it right - finally. Thanks to all who helped, you know who you are.

Lando
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.