06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
09-25-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
Now, let me rephrase as I'm reading all of this over. The truck is using oil not necessarily "burning it" I'm not sure if thats considered the same thing. But I will take the ecm file like you said and send it to rawze. I am fairly new being an owner operator. Bought the truck in 2017 and got inframe done may of 2020.
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Pull the ECM file ASAP and get it to Rawze. You can dyno it, it is the day to day that is going to destroy the motor. Rawze has gotten some tremendous HP out of these motors, stock. Much more than what these other shops do with their old school turbos. But, with an ISX, the more HP, the shorter the engine life. What is the application you are using the truck for that you need more HP? And what gearing in the rear ends?

Where is this reliable shop for a tune?

I do dry bulk, tanker and flatbed. I don't necessarily need the hp. But that's what happens when you talk to others and get caught in the truck hype. The shop I have found is Antrim Antrim diesel in PA.
replyreply
Theres only 2 places the oil can go the ground or into the cylinder and be burned.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Theres only 2 places the oil can go the ground or into the cylinder and be burned.

No doubt. That's what I assumed. Looks like I may have to get another inframe done.
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  ... The shop I have found is Antrim Antrim diesel in PA.

That is the first problem.. they are a pee-dee-eye shop and complete engine butchers and engine killers!... your truck is doomed to suffer repeating failures! and that thing, with all its gabrage aftermarket crap now inside and all over it is complete junk! -- get rid of that truck as fast as you can while it still runs and start over!... that engine has been butchered into oblivion completely and it is going to cost another $25,000+ to un-f$ck it at this point .. You have been warned!... This is no way at all to run a trucking business... That garbage can of an engine with all its horrible mods, after-market garbage not worth begin a boat anchor and all the brain-washing of the truck owner so far is meant to do nothing but drain someones wallet rapidly while stroking their ego and bankrupting them!.

On this forum, we do things only one way .. correctly, for longevity, and for long term profitability,.. not for short-lived glory that costs the truck owner $25,000 dollars every time they turn around and that is the game your currently playing, and have played so far...

============

Best place to start to undo this mess ...

RID YOURSELF OF THAT NIGHTMARE MESS GARBAGE OF A BUTCHERED ENGINE AND TRUCK NOT WORTH USING AT A BOAT ANCHOR THAT HAS BEEN MADE MADE AND START OVER!!!--- IT WILL BE CHEAPER!!! -- EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE AND BAD DECISION THAT CAN BE MADE WITH AN ISX ... IT SEEMS HAS BEEN DONE!!! FRONT AND CENTER! -- IT IS GOING TO COST YOU $30,000 DOLLARS TO UNDO THIS HOT RIP-YOU-OFF MESS IF YOU WANT TO GET IT RIGHT AGAIN!

Otherwise, I would recommend you start by tearing that engine all apart again and going back OEM with all the internals, ACTUALLY FIND someone that can build it 100% the right way (very hard to find these days) and put that VG factory back on it like it belongs! -- Bend Over and feel the pain ... you have been thoroughly butt-raped by those complete money-stealing, false promise arsse-clowns!

.. and yeah,,. they also do the most horrible, destructing, kindergarten tuning that I have ever seen,... they are truly terrible brain butchers!/... I hope you did not actually pay money for that garbage!,.. i feel sorry for that equipment!.

sounds like you drank the cool-aide ... a nice big swig of it.. and now it is going to cost you your truck and your O/O career!... they thrive and victimize their customers by "bragging rights" and know it is completely destructive and not worth 3 cents... bercause you are going to be their yearly in-frame and their glorified sales rep, as you bragg to all your buddies like a dumbarsse because your caught up in their brainwashing campaign while it slowly bankrupts you!

around here, everyone uses a de-mandate program referred to as "MM"... the only de-mandate (to date) that does not shorten engine longevity.
and if you have any doubts about the place you mentioned and what I say about them, ... here is a fine example like waterloo was saying ... we did this a while back just to prove how bad they really are ... This was their own dnyo there at that place ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...03#pid6803

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 410truckin
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  ... The shop I have found is Antrim Antrim diesel in PA.

That is the first problem.. they are a pee-dee-eye shop and complete engine butchers and engine killers!... your truck is doomed to suffer repeating failures! and that thing, with all its gabrage aftermarket crap now inside and all over it is complete junk! -- get rid of that truck as fast as you can while it still runs and start over!... that engine has been butchered into oblivion completely and it is going to cost another $25,000+ to un-f$ck it at this point .. You have been warned!... This is no way at all to run a trucking business... That garbage can of an engine with all its horrible mods, after-market garbage not worth begin a boat anchor and all the brain-washing of the truck owner so far is meant to do nothing but drain someones wallet rapidly while stroking their ego and bankrupting them!.

On this forum, we do things only one way .. correctly, for longevity, and for long term profitability,.. not for short-lived glory that costs the truck owner $25,000 dollars every time they turn around and that is the game your currently playing, and have played so far...

============

Best place to start to undo this mess ...

RID YOURSELF OF THAT NIGHTMARE MESS GARBAGE OF A BUTCHERED ENGINE AND TRUCK NOT WORTH USING AT A BOAT ANCHOR THAT HAS BEEN MADE MADE AND START OVER!!!--- IT WILL BE CHEAPER!!! -- EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE AND BAD DECISION THAT CAN BE MADE WITH AN ISX ... IT SEEMS HAS BEEN DONE!!! FRONT AND CENTER! -- IT IS GOING TO COST YOU $30,000 DOLLARS TO UNDO THIS HOT RIP-YOU-OFF MESS IF YOU WANT TO GET IT RIGHT AGAIN!

Otherwise, I would recommend you start by tearing that engine all apart again and going back OEM with all the internals, ACTUALLY FIND someone that can build it 100% the right way (very hard to find these days) and put that VG factory back on it like it belongs! -- Bend Over and feel the pain ... you have been thoroughly butt-raped by those complete money-stealing, false promise arsse-clowns!

.. and yeah,,. they also do the most horrible, destructing, kindergarten tuning that I have ever seen,... they are truly terrible brain butchers!/... I hope you did not actually pay money for that garbage!,.. i feel sorry for that equipment!.

sounds like you drank the cool-aide ... a nice big swig of it.. and now it is going to cost you your truck and your O/O career!... they thrive and victimize their customers by "bragging rights" and know it is completely destructive and not worth 3 cents... bercause you are going to be their yearly in-frame and their glorified sales rep, as you bragg to all your buddies like a dumbarsse because your caught up in their brainwashing campaign while it slowly bankrupts you!

around here, everyone uses a de-mandate program referred to as "MM"... the only de-mandate (to date) that does not shorten engine longevity.
and if you have any doubts about the place you mentioned and what I say about them, ... here is a fine example like waterloo was saying ... we did this a while back just to prove how bad they really are ... This was their own dnyo there at that place ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...03#pid6803

I have been on the brinks of selling it, I honestly am tired of dealing with it at this point. I. don't mind going after another truck with some cash in hand and financing. And it wasnt the shop that convinced me. But just having other trucker friends that have their trucks all boosted up etc. I never was that way, I was just about leaving it as is and making money. It wont be a big loss if I sell it. I want at least 20k for it if I can get that. Paid 11k for the truck in 2017.
replyreply
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  ...
I have been on the brinks of selling it, I honestly am tired of dealing with it at this point. I. don't mind going after another truck with some cash in hand and financing. And it wasnt the shop that convinced me. But just having other trucker friends that have their trucks all boosted up etc. I never was that way, I was just about leaving it as is and making money. It wont be a big loss if I sell it. I want at least 20k for it if I can get that. Paid 11k for the truck in 2017.

Don't get yourself caught up in Super-Trucker Fever ... maybe 20+ years ago, people could afford to inframe every couple 3 years and brag about what they had... but in today's market, its all about profitability and money you can take home, as the freight rates are S#It any more compared to the days of Super-Truckers ... those days are long gone.

even so, the moral of what replies have been made is that even if someone wants to do such a thing ... there are proper ways, so that the consequences are minimized, and the ways those guys you have been caught up with go about it is not one of them.

as far as the after-market parts,.. i have only seen about 1 in 10 ppl around here have any decent success on that brand of overhaul kit... they are truly bad and have been known for as such on here. As far as the head goes .. same thing.. you will be lucky to get maybe 250k miles out of that head and it will have to come off again... it is almost guaranteed, like clock-work, I have seen it so many times.

There is only one way to build a reliable ISX for decent longevity with a million miles as the goal, and it is with all OEM parts and a brand new (not reman) head. It has to be build a specific way too, and it seems less and less people are building them that way too.. and this in itself is why they tend to be problematic and fall apart.

The liner height the seco0nd time around should have been set to 0.014" instead of the factory 0.010"... the head has to be hand torqued... it sit over night, and re-torqued the next day after the head gasket crushes... and there is a lot more, but no one does things this way any more hardly and they all complain they have a lot of issues, blame the equipment instead of themselves.

Last but not least,.. the VG turbo is the best thing the engine has going for it.. nothing can touch it as far as flexibility, engine efficiency, and they typically last 600k+ miles or more, well long enough to save the truck owner 10,000+ in fuel saving alone vs. a non-vg turbo easily... this is the part they don't tell you about. - And in all actuality, the reason they push so hard for its removal is not only for their own profit during the delete process, but because they do not know how to re-program the factory VGT properly and it destroys itself after one of their horrible deletes has been done.

Things can be done properly.. the turbo does not have to come off it,. and the engine can be made to do whatever someone wants without all the garbage they push... simple as that.

We have seen this hundred times on here in the past... those companies have a lot of advertising and dyno and million dollar promises... all in the name of exploiting people out of their money in the name of unnecessary engine killing, red-neck horrible programming and mods glory, and it is truly sad. -- You'de think that in the last 20+ years they could have taken that dyno and have spent the time to make a decent damnned program that is not so horribly written,.. but in reality, all they do is look at the power output and butcher the engine into oblivion so that it tears itself up instead out of complete sheer ignorance. Welcome to the bad delete collection...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 410truckin
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
We have seen this hundred times on here in the past... those companies have a lot of advertising and dyno and million dollar promises... all in the name of exploiting people out of their money in the name of unnecessary engine killing, red-neck horrible programming and mods glory, and it is truly sad. -- You'de think that in the last 20+ years they could have taken that dyno and have spent the time to make a decent damnned program that is not so horribly written,.. but in reality, all they do is look at the power output and butcher the engine into oblivion so that it tears itself up instead out of complete sheer ignorance. Welcome to the bad elete collection...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

I will take this into consideration on the next truck I go to get inframe. I will most certainly go OEM next time. Just tried to avoid costs and what they say is true...cheaper is not always better! I would like to get some numbers of people that you know that build them how they are supposed to be if you dont mind sharing.
replyreply
09-26-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
In my experience, these aftermarket ISX part brands supply good quality gaskets, thermostats, etc but their cylinder parts and crank seals are hit & miss at best.

These overhaul kits aren't even that much cheaper than genuine. I recently quoted an out of frame rebuild of a 500hp CM570. The difference between genuine and Interstate McBee was less than $2,000 (AUD). Not worth the risk.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.